Head of Procurement at The Confederation of African Football (CAF)
This is a great opportunity to get a job at the Confederation of African Football (CAF) in Egypt. Qualified and interested individuals with 10 years of experience are expected to send applications for the available position of a Head of Procurement. CAF is looking forward to recruiting you.
This particular job falls under the category of procurement, store-keeping and such. Please look through the full details of the position below:
Job Title: Head of Procurement
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Qualification: MBA/MSc/MA
- Work experience: 10 years
- Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Job Field: Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Other jobs like this you might like:
About The Confederation of African Football (CAF)
- You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to elevate the organization to the highest international standards? CAF is looking to recruit a Head of Procurement.
- Build market intelligence capabilities on key markets, suppliers, and solutions to support strategy development purposes.
- Develop strategies to control spend and build a culture of long-term efficient spending on CAF Budget by assessing the risk and identifying potential cost down and improvement opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for the organization.
- Develop the procurement policies and ensure that they are implemented and communicated to the employees.
- Prepare the annual budget for the procurement department.
- Maintain the Procurement Module on the ERP system.
- Assess suppliers’ business continuity plans to mitigate financial impact and disruption to the organization’s supply chains.
- Design and manage the end-to-end procurement process and oversee the timely purchase and delivery of distribution of equipment and supplies and services to requesting departments.
- Monitor tender process compliance with relevant Procurement policy, including pre-qualification of bidders, preparation of tender documents, conduct of tender process and tender evaluation, recommendation for award, negotiations and award of Contracts and Purchase Orders.
- Oversee the proper identification and registration of vendors and accuracy of vendor lists.
- Supervise the evaluation of new suppliers and review results of periodical assessments of supplier performance.
- Manage vendor contracts negotiations, monitoring the implementation according to relevant internal and external standards and regulations.
- Direct the proper assessment of any supplier-related risk and oversee implementation of mitigation actions.
- Lead the bidding process including the development of bid strategies, programs, and tenders.
- Develop and monitor procurement and contracts service-level agreements and monitor compliance to them.
- Lead the development and review of agreements’ documentation in coordination with the Director of Legal Affairs and Compliance with regards to contractual matters, including terms and conditions, contractual claims, and counterclaims, as appropriate.
- Guide the post-award activities including variations, claims, disputes and closing of contracts/ purchase orders. Any other related tasks to meet business needs.
- Manage the performance of the procurement team through continuous communication, performance reviews, provide support, and continuous development to ensure competencies development and achieving business results as well as retaining talent.
- Assist Member Associations and Zonal Unions to implement their own procurement policies and processes across the African continent.
- Master’s degree or similar higher education, in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Commerce, or related fields.
- CIPS, Professional certification in purchasing, procurement or supply chain is preferred.
- 10+ years proven experience as Procurement Manager with supply chain and logistics experience in an international company or organization.
- Fluent in English and/or French Language both written and spoken; command of any of the other CAF official languages (English, French or Arabic) is a Plus.
- Excellent communication skills, capability of working across departments and adapting to different environments.
- Deep knowledge of Procurement Policies and Regulations and proven experience in creating and implementing such policies.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative international organization.
- Attractive employment conditions.
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team.
- Quality social security coverage.
- An excellent pension schemes.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- The position will be based in CAF Headquarters – Cairo, Egypt. Only qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, race, age, skin colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or on any other grounds.
- If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for a top international sporting organization, submit your application in English or French (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and Reference Letters).
- Only direct applications who meet all the required criteria will receive consideration.
Application Deadline: 15th July, 2022.
You may visit the Official Website below for more information about the Confederation of African Football (CAF):