Health Finance Advisor At Palladium Group (1 Opening)
A well qualified personnel is needed at Palladium Group to fill the vacant position of a Health Finance Advisor in their organization. Interested candidates are free to apply.
Job Title: Health Finance Advisor – Nigeria IHP
Reference ID: req13539
Project Overview and Role
- The Health Finance Advisor is a full-time position to support the State IHP Director in the awarded USAID/Nigeria funded project entitled Nigeria Integrated Health Program.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides health financing expertise/technical assistance to State activities of the project, working with other technical staff and state government institutions as per project requirements.
- Analyses the economic and financing implications of enhanced access and improved quality of primary healthcare services
- Provides guidance to state level MOHs regarding budgeting for service delivery activities and HRH planning.
- Coordinates closely with the Senior Health Financing Advisor and other project technical staff to introduce new payment methods and manage health financing and economics related activities.
- Provides analytical and evaluative techniques to identify, consider, and resolve health financing policy issues or problems.
- Uses various quantitative and qualitative techniques to perform financing and policy analysis tasks.
- Is responsible for the development of activity-specific work plans and budgets.
- Participates in and prepares necessary technical and program-related reports, including presentations and white papers.
- Guides and supports research, data collection, policy formulation, training and capacity building efforts in support of project activities and deliverables.
- Ensures quality of services and compliance per project/program requirements.
- Organizes as needed project/program trainings, conferences, workshops, and meetings.
- Interacts with internal and external resources and other experts to bring new and “cutting edge” ideas into approaches.
- Prepares health financing analyses, recommendations, briefing notes, and assessments for internal and client use.
- Represent IHP at health financing meetings/events and actively participate in the state health financing Technical Working Group and other relevant technical committees.
- Documents health financing success stories/lessons learned and produce publishable health financing materials including policy briefs and peer-reviewed articles.
- Represents the projects, company, and programs in the health financing area in Nigerian and regional forums, as necessary.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Local Government Facilitator at Palladium Group
Supermarket Supervisor at Sigma Consulting Group
State HRH Consultant at Palladium Group
Fund Mobilization Lead at Proten International
Senior Software Engineer at United Bank For Africa (UBA)
Ophthalmic Registered Nurse at Sigma Consulting Group
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Advanced Degree (MA, M.Sc, PhD) in Economics or Health Economics with academic specialization in Health Financing or commensurate work experience in health finance
- At least 5 years of health finance experience in Nigeria.
- Sound knowledge in State/Kebbi/Sokoto’s governance and health finance landscape
- Sound knowledge of methodologies used in health finance research, economic analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis, quantitative analysis, and statistical/econometric analysis
- Knowledge of relevant literature related to topic area
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, financial, and evaluative skills
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
- Professional and mature demeanor and conduct.
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands
- Appropriate software skills necessary to conduct research, and to conduct analysis of study data, such as STATA, SPSS, or equivalent.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences (writing examples may be required).
- Fluency in English required, and local languages preferred.
Application Closing Date
For more job updates and recommendations, visit mextechy.com.ng