This is to inform the general public that Jhpiego Nigeria is currently recruiting for the position of Health Informatics (HI) Advisor. Interested and qualified persons should kindly go through the post below for full details:
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are seeking competent, self motivated, hardworking and result driven professional to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Informatics (HI) Advisor
Reports To: Director (MEL)
- The Health Informatics Advisor will support in the development, implementation and management of the health electronic information systems in meeting monitoring and evaluation requirements of the ACE project.
- S/he will also ensure optimal functionality of all electronic medical records and project databases
Required Qualifications/ Experience
- B.Sc. in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- 5 – 7 years’ post-NYSC professional experience in health information systems and/or database management.
- Relevant working knowledge of programming language like JAVA etc.
- Demonstrated ability to train and build the capacity of others on Software development and Database management tools and procedures.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records systems and deployment of database systems for patient monitoring.
- Experience in relational database design and analysis, SQL and MS Access/Excel programming skills and multiple data visualization options; including the deployment of field based mobile data collection devices (i.e. ODK, CAPI, Kobo toolbox, etc).
- Familiarity with client/server or multi-platform application development, Nigerian public sector health system and/or HIV/AIDS response.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of relational database concepts and skills utilized in creating and maintaining relational databases.
- Solid understanding of basic assumptions of clinical and public health industry practices for data acquisition and quality assurance.
- Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in basic data management, analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to train and build the capacity of others on databases.
- Cooperative, competent, hardworking, flexible and dependable in a multi-cultural, open office situation;
- Self-motivated and proactive with a positive attitude to work;
- Ability to organize and coordinate information and logistics for programs and activities.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- The HI Advisor will support all Monitoring and Evaluation initiatives and data related activities of the project.
- The health Informatics Advisor (HIA) will provide technical support for the design and content development for electronic information systems.
- S/he will support the development actual program logic statements for the coding of M & E indicators and software business rules where necessary and checking that all software development is done according to already established standards and procedures.
- The HIA will ensure that the software and database tools developed meet the intended reporting and data output requirements for both internal use and donors.
- S/he will coordinate user support through RISE field staff with specific assistance on building and maintaining a strong facility and LGA level capacity.
- S/he will conduct assessments of health informatics environments, synthesize pertinent information, identify implications for planning and development.
- The HIA will supervise the deployment of the developed M & E software and database tools to new sites as requested.
- The HIA will support the development of standard operating procedures, user manuals, and data management procedure documents for all of the project electronic information systems.
- S/he will recommend hardware and software upgrades to the database server as needed.
- The HI Advisor will work closely with the Director, Strategic Information in proposing strategies to increase data use and demand amongst program staff and support the program staff on ways to properly organize and capture program progress and document lessons learned.
- Perform other duties relating to the project assigned by the supervisor
Application Closing Date
5th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Health Informatics (HI) Advisor, Kwara” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org