Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc is currently seeking for qualified applicants who can take the vacant position of a HSE Officer. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: HSE Officer – Golden Fertilizer
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Location: Apapa, Lagos
- Vacancy Type: Internal Candidates Only
Other jobs like this you might like:
- Human Resources Recruiter at Egatee Online E-Commerce
- Medical Sales Representative at Egatee Online E-Commerce
- Technical Solutions Architect at Gurugeeks Royalty Limited
- Intern / Volunteer at Gurugeeks Royalty Limited
About Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
Incorporated on the 29th of September 1960, as a limited liability company and pioneer wheat miller in Nigeria, Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc (FMN) started out on a journey that has seen the company evolve into what is now one of the biggest brands in the foods and agro-allied industry in Africa. Over the years, the FMN brand grew tremendously from operating as a single business, flour miller, to a vast business group with strategic investments that cover key sectors of the Nigerian economy.
The group’s operations can be categorized into four major sectors of Food, Sugar, Agro-allied, and Support services. Our foray into the Agric sector started in 1978, with the acquisition of a 10,000-hectare farm in Kaboji, Niger state as part of an investment and expansion strategy designed to create value in the supply chain and reduce the reliance on imported raw materials. Since then, we have made substantial investments in the primary processing of locally grown soybean, palm fruit, cassava, maize, sugar cane, sorghum, and the storage, aggregation and distribution of locally sourced grains.
At FMN, we are passionate about, ‘feeding the nation.’ for over five decades, we have maintained a rich tradition of enhancing the quality of living for Nigerian families by producing a wholesome portfolio of food options – The company’s iconic food brand, ‘Golden Penny,’ is a household name that is trusted by many for good food and for daily nourishment.
Purpose of the Job
- To further FMN PLC’s commitment to improving Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) performance by implementing health safety and environment objectives and compliance with local regulatory requirements, to prevent injury and maintain a safe working environment.
- Design, implement and communicate HSE management system to meet OHSAS ISO 45001: 2018 requirement and ISO 14001:2015 requirements.
- Prioritize and provide advice in a timely manner on OHSAS 18001 standards.
- Develop programs and plans to achieve OHS objectives.
- Develop, implement, execute management strategies to prevent workplace injuries, environmental incidences and achieve annual target set by management for HSE performance.
- Supervise the plant’s Health, Safety and Environment program and Facilitate internal audits of the safety management systems.
- Promote HSE practice to ensure staff compliance with health, environmental and safety rules and regulations.
- Review all safety rules on a regular basis and, where necessary, recommend suitable changes.
- Investigate all accidents and damage to Plant property, identify root causes and recommend actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- BSc / HND in Engineering, Environmental Sciences or related course.
- Occupational Health & Safety qualification (HSE level 3) is an added advantage.
- NEBOSH Certificate, Membership of the Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria ISPON will be a plus.
- 5 years of cognate experience in FMCG or Oil & Gas industry.
The Person Must:
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to pay attention to details.
- Have strong analytical skills.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.