Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc is currently seeking for qualified applicants who can take the vacant position of a HSE Supervisor. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: HSE Supervisor – Golden Pasta / Snacks
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Location: Agbara, Ogun
About Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc
Incorporated on the 29th of September 1960, as a limited liability company and pioneer wheat miller in Nigeria, Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc (FMN) started out on a journey that has seen the company evolve into what is now one of the biggest brands in the foods and agro-allied industry in Africa. Over the years, the FMN brand grew tremendously from operating as a single business, flour miller, to a vast business group with strategic investments that cover key sectors of the Nigerian economy.
The group’s operations can be categorized into four major sectors of Food, Sugar, Agro-allied, and Support services. Our foray into the Agric sector started in 1978, with the acquisition of a 10,000-hectare farm in Kaboji, Niger state as part of an investment and expansion strategy designed to create value in the supply chain and reduce the reliance on imported raw materials. Since then, we have made substantial investments in the primary processing of locally grown soybean, palm fruit, cassava, maize, sugar cane, sorghum, and the storage, aggregation and distribution of locally sourced grains.
Purpose of the Job
- Responsible for implementing health and safety policies in an organization, detecting dangerous conditions, reviewing safety procedures, disseminating safety information to various departments, training staff on safety topics, and running emergency exercises.
- Support the HSE Officer and team with planning, coordinating and implementing effective HSE policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure that the department objectives are met.
- Assist with developing HSE plans that comply with Company policies and procedures.
- Monitor the implementation of actions arising from incident, accident, audit and inspection, analysis and lessons learnt.
- Inspect the facility and close out or escalate any possibility for the occurrence of accidents, fire outbreaks and hazards.
- Monitor operations within the factory and uphold safety standards.
- Conduct HSE trainings and orientation to all new employees.
- Assist in ad-hoc HSE tasks/projects as required.
- OND in Engineering / Sciences or related courses
- 5 O’ level credits including English & Mathematics in not more than 2 sittings.
- HSE Certifications is an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years experience.
The Person Must:
- Be Proactive
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Be able to work independently and be meticulous.
- Pay attention to details.
Application Closing Date