Workforce Group is welcoming suitably qualified applicants for the vacant position of a Human Resource (HR) Business Partner. This job opportunity is located in Nigeria. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Human Resource Business Partner
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Work experience: 5 to 8 years
- Location: Enugu
- Job Field: HR Services
Other jobs like this you might like:
About Workforce Group
At Workforce Group, we go beyond narrowly defined client issues, beyond conventional wisdom, beyond the expected, to create opportunities for our clients, candidates, colleagues, collaborators, and community.
Through a network of diversified but highly complementary lines of businesses we have helped some of the most important and exciting organizations on the continent find the critical talent, access cutting edge advice and get innovative support they require to grow in a challenging market.
We support businesses and organizations of varying size, structure and maturity across diverse sectors such as Technology, Telecoms, Oil & Gas, Financial Services, Third Sector, FMCG etc. to enhance business performance, optimise for growth and achieve exceptional results. Our ground-breaking Zone Tech Park offers startups and established companies that the cutting-edge facilities, technology and business expertise they need to break out and thrive.
Purpose of the Job
- To Manage Human Resource activities within the Business Regions, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services in line with the general HR corporate strategy and in liaison with HR Corporate function heads.
- To partner with the Business Units and HR Leadership to deliver HR solutions aligned with performance goals/business objectives.
- To provide professional advice and deliver effective HR policies, practices and services that ensure that all employees in Business Units embrace the Company’s culture and they are appropriately remunerated, trained, developed and informed in order to achieve the short, medium and long term objectives of the Company.
- Act as trusted advisor in all people and organizational issues to the Business Unit’s Leadership Team.
- Manage disciplinary process to ensure consistency and fairness.
- Counsel and handle employee grievances.
- Manage all Hospital related issues as it affect employees in the regions and contact the BMDs on urgent issues.
- Trade accompaniment with SEs and line managers in the field.
- Have a second eye on the activities of SEs while on trade accompaniment.
- Partner with the regional Business management on front line steering.
- Develop and maintain excellent management information and HR systems including appropriate measures and benchmarks to drive operational efficiency E.g. Climate Survey and HRBP Client satisfaction survey.
- Partner with OSP agencies and continually audit their processes to be in line with the company’s HR policies standards.
- Provide effective business partnering services to the line, ensuring clear and efficient HR processes are operated and communicated to the line, as well as ensuring periodical review of defined service level targets
- Proactively Identify strategic people issues in partnership with client division and support them with advice and expertise to resolve matters.
- Proactively use HR tools in ensuring timely interventions for divisional requirements.
- Close alignment and understanding of division’s business and playing the role of trusted Adviser.
- Proactively use HR tools in ensuring timely interventions for our Third Party OSP Agencies in the zone
- Support Employment Life Cycle.
Talent and Recruitment:
- Be proactively involved in planning and executing recruitment (internal & external, Management and Non-Management).
- Collaborate with the Talent Team and Business to identify, engage and retain talent within the organization
- Participate in developing Succession Plan
- Manage departmental level Talent sourcing and acculturation processes in conjunction with the Attraction & Recruitment team.
- Manage headcount of assigned division to ensure optimal staffing and provide input on business unit restructuring.
- Coordinate On- & Off-Boarding services for department’s employees (Introduction PM, HR cycle, exit interview, relocation etc.)
- Support a balanced job grading structure
- Implement departmental Career Path(s) and Competencies Frameworks and provide input into career development plans for employees.
- Review employee performance issues in conjunction with line management, investigate related issues and challenges.
- Offers pragmatic solution to line management.
- Support the PM cycle for Management and non-Management employees and drive completion of all aspects.
- Collates propose Ratings for Management and Non – Management (MYPR & EYPR) and forward to HTR for records and calibration meetings.
- Support department’s Leader in setting annual objectives, review of performance results, (MYPR & EYPR) and enhancement of management skills and creation of the relevant performance culture.
- Also ensure that SEs who qualified for promotion to the next grade in line with Career Path are promoted.
- Provide project management support to the division on HR/People specific or related projects.
- Initiate, advice and support the cultural and people aspects of organisational change and business improvement initiatives.
- Participate actively, and support division driven projects as required of HR.
- Facilitate the resolution of grievance, conflict and complex relational issues within assigned Division in line with HR policies and guidelines.
- Manage exit process in line with HR policies, processes and procedures
Training and Development:
- Provide support to ensure PDP and training plan completion
- Support in identifying training needs for the Support Functions and individual executive coaching needs.
- Support in ensuring compliance with health and safety policy and procedures and risk assessments.
- Identify departmental capabilities required to execute the department’s agenda
- Assist in implementing departmental effectiveness & development projects
Compensation & Benefits:
- Be proactively involved in planning and executing recruitment compensation and benefits issues
- Engage Line Executives and other key stakeholders in determining HR needs and proactively contribute to the development of strategic HR solutions in collaboration with Head HR Business Partnering and the Centre of Excellence (COE).
- Provide support for road shows for assigned Division to ensure proper employee engagement and work closely with management and staff to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Drive periodic surveys to assess the organizational climate Periodic HR services survey to assess value of HR Business partnering
- Continually engage the zonal, regional, sales area and OSP meetings through steering the frontline engagement.
- Visit the Depots and attend to all their HR related issues.
HR Expertise and Line Manager Support:
- Direct interface with client division to fully understand needs and requirements
- Researches best approach to resolving client need.
- Implements HR business planning activities for the functions, ensuring relevant interventions are planned and delivered.
- Ensures excellent working relationship within HR and the Sales division.
- Acts as the HR ambassador to the division and vice versa.
- Improve HR visibility in the division
- Provide guidance to line managers on HR policies, ensuring the right interpretation of the policies are applied in managing human resources in the division and champion the implantation of new HR policies.
Transactional HR support to the Client Division:
- Deals on the spot with HR matters that require nil specialist intervention.
- Acts as reference guide to the division for HR related matters.
- Mediates with HR specialists as required to support the division’s demands or requests.
- Tracks and monitors the process for reference and follow up of divisional requests/needs in order effect and evaluate progress.
- Review and analyse information and data with respect to human resources activities within the division and collate activity reports for submission to HR senior management.
Knowledge & Experience
- Education: University Degree in Social Sciences
- 5 -8 years HR generalist experience
- Broad HR specialist experience (learning, performance, recruitment, Reward & OD)
Other Personal Requirements
- Role Model
African Management (Core) competencies:
- Applied Learning
- Management Empathy
- Numerical Literacy
- Strong written communication skills including preparation of Management reports and the articulation of talent management metrics
- Relationship Building
- Organizational Skills
- Leadership Qualities
Jobs with no deadline specified: