Imo State Polytechnic, Nekede, Owerri courses (All Departments). Are you looking for the list of courses offered at Imo State Polytechnic?
The following is the list of available National Diploma & Higher National Diploma courses/programmes offered in Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo, Ohaji, Owerri, Imo State that gained National Universities
Commission (NUC) accreditation.
About Imo State Polytechnic Umuagwo Ohaji
Imo State Polytechnic is a higher education institute in Umuagwo, Imo State, Nigeria.
It was established in 1978 as the Michael Okpara College of Agriculture, Umuagwo and was upgraded to a Polytechnic status, renamed as the Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo in 2007.
The institution provides courses, training and research in all branches of Agriculture, Management Sciences, Engineering and Food Sciences.
The institution is certified to award National Diploma and Higher National Diploma qualifications.
The Polytechnic is twenty-six kilometers from Owerri on the Port Harcourt road and has three hundred and sixty hectares of land.
The Otamiri River runs past its border, making it ideal for all year round agricultural production through irrigation.
Chinwe Obaji was a lecturer at this institution before being appointed head of the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Education.
The Polytechnic is located on 360 hectares of land, donated by the Umuagwo community in the Ohaji/Egbema/Oguta Local Government Area of Imo State.
It is sited 26 kilometres from the Owerri Capital Territory, on the Owerri-Port Harcourt road.
Below is the wide range of official courses offered in Imo State Polytechnic:
List of Accredited Courses Offered in Imo State Polytechnic
SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE
- Crop Production and Soil
- Crop Production Technology
- Soil Science Technology
- Fisheries Technology
- Animal Health and Production Technology
- Animal Production Technology
- Animal Health Technology
- Agricultural Management and Extension
- Agricultural Technology
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
- Accounting Technology
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Cooperative Economics
- Office Technology and Management
- Public Administration
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING
- Chemical Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Agric and Bio Environmental Technology
SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL
- Forestry Technology
- Building Technology
- Estate Management
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Horticulture Technology
- Environmental Management
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE
- Computer Science
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Food Science Technology
Imo State Polytechnic ND Admission Entry Requirements.
- Candidates must meet Imo State Polytechnic cut-off mark and courses to be offered in order to be eligible for Post UTME examination and admission screening exercise.
- Candidates must possess at least 5 credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and Mathematics at GCE O’level, WASSCE, SSCE, NECO, NABTEB or approved equivalents at not more than two (2) Sittings.
- Applicants must be at least sixteen (16) year of age in the year of admission.
- satisfy Imo State Polytechnic department and faculty requirements before being admitted.
Imo State Polytechnic HND Admission Entry Requirements.
For a candidate to be considered for admission in the institution at HND level, the following basic requirements must be met;
- A prospective candidate for Higher National Diploma must possess at least a lower credit (CGPA) of 2.50 in National Diploma in relevant ND Programme.
- Applicant for the admission into Higher National Diploma programme must possess a National Diploma in the same programme with at least lower credit pass in the relevant programme of study and with at least, one year post-ND relevant industrial training experience.
- In addition to the above, a candidate must meet the admission requirement for the ND programme.
- In exceptional cases, candidates with pass grade and a minimum of two years post qualification experience in the specified field may be considered for admission.
- A minimum of twelve (12) months of supervised industrial experience,
- Must possess 5 credit passes in relevant O-Level subjects in not more than two sittings.
- A transcript is required for admission into all HND programs in the institution especially prospective candidates from other institutions.
Other Polytechnics’ Courses: