Michael Stevens Consulting – Our client in the Energy sector is currently recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position:
Job Title: Instrumentation Technician
Employment Type: Full-time
Instrumentation Technician Responsibilities
- Ensure performance assurance and proactive health checks of the associated components of the Robertshaw Panel integrated Control, Safety Instrumented and Fire & Gas Systems.
- Ensure periodic health checks on Human Machine Interface workstations and Servers. Systems fault diagnosis and recovery.
- Access and interpret Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID); Cause and Effects Matrix (C&E); Process Flow Scheme (PFS); Functional Logic Diagram (FLD); Instrument Loop
- Drawings (ILD) and Process Engineering Flow Scheme (PEFS) are required for fault tracing and issue resolutions.
- Work closely with service Contractor(s) towards safe delivery of vendor-based maintenance jobs.
- Initiate and follow up with spare procurement towards expedited delivery for maintenance execution.
- Ensure technical integrity of assets through Preventive and Corrective Maintenance activities, quality assurance, and performance standard verification of safety-critical equipment
- Technically support Operations personnel towards plant safe operations.
- Ensure field instrumentation availability and reliability towards meeting business targets on hydrocarbon processing and export operations.
- Maintain Systems availability for the continuous operation of the Flow station.
- Identifying critical spares and follow-up ordering and delivery.
- Integrate with other disciplines to achieve Asset integrity on a continuous basis.
- Promotes site safety and continuous hazard identification, mitigation and close-out.
- Other assignments for continuous improvements as exigent.
Instrumentation Technician Requirements
- Academic qualification of either a B.Eng, B.Tech, OND or HND in Engineering.
- The age range for this position is < 50years.
- This position is open to both Male and Female candidates.
- Minimum of 10 years, with 5 years spent in flow station fields working as an Instrumentation specialist.
Instrumentation Technician Skills:
- Field Instrumented Pneumatic / DCS systems
- Experience in CAO/SCADA/SMAR Systems
- Experience in Robertshaw panel configurations and associated systems loop.
- Experience in actuator valves and ESD systems maintenance
- Experience in PAS and fire protection systems.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in Safeguarding systems maintenance
Soft Skills(Added Advantages):
- Perform basic computer-related activities
- Knowledge of worksite hazard mgt and permit to work systems
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Communication & teamworking.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good organizational skills
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Self-Motivated and performs under minimal supervision
Application Closing Date
5th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.