Investment Manager at an Indigenous Insurance Company-Mustang Consultant
It is our pleasure to inform you that Mustang Consultant is currently seeking for application from qualified applicants to fill the vacant position of the investment manager, interested and qualified applicants can apply via the details below
Mustang Consultant – Our client, an indigenous Insurance Company with Head Office in Victoria Island and Branch offices across Nigeria, is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investment Manager
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- Engages in regular research and reading to stay apprised about the state of the Nigeria economy, global financial markets, and general current events
- Maintains current knowledge about financial products that the company can invest in which must be in line with the prudential guidelines, including bonds, stocks, investments, and trusts.
- Presents investment opportunities and related analysis while pitching proposed course of action in meetings with investment committee
- Uses complex financial models to project future earning and profit potential and uses this data to inform decisions and proposals
- Makes decisions about financial and investment opportunities on behalf of the company.
- Meets with an investment team, including analysts and other managers, to stay up to date about market situations and decisions that may impact the operation of the company.
- Develops relationships with Banks, Stockbrokers and other Investment Professionals
- To manage the company’s Investment Portfolio in good faith and with all due care, diligence, and skill that can reasonably be expected of an expert financial service provider.
- To always act in the company’s best interests
- Deal with the company’s Portfolio in whatever manner it deems necessary or appropriate in order to achieve the Unitrust Insurance’s investment objectives and comply with its Investment Guidelines and NAICOM Prudential Guidelines.
- To inform the Investment Committee on the selection and disposal of individual assets with reasons for trading supported by professional analysis and judgment where approval is required,
- To coordinate with the Investment Committee where required for guidance and approval
- To select and dispose assets for values within the approved limits.
- To comply with all provisions of Government regulations.
- To maintain records on the assets available for investment in the market and trends related thereto and provide periodical reports to the Investment Committee
- To monitor performance of assets against pre-identified benchmarks and budgeted investment income and provide reports on the return on each asset
- To develops an investment policy statement and strategy and to implement such.
- To submit to Management Investment Committee proposals for budgets in line with the annual budget exercise,
- Provide a quarterly report to Management Investment Committee on actual versus budgeted performance by class of asset together with a detailed variance analysis.
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting or related field
- ICAN, ACA or related certification
- Minimum of 10 years cognitive experience, 6 should be in supervisory level.
Application Closing Date
22nd April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Investment Manager” as the subject of the mail.
Click on the Official link