Investment Manager (Business Development Unit) at the OPEC Fund for International Development – 1 opening
The OPEC Fund for International Development is currently seeking for a suitably qualified applicant to take the position of Investment Manager. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Investment Manager, Business Development Unit
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Location: Austria (AT)
The incumbent is responsible to establish and maintain relationships with strategic partners and for the origination, new project screening, conducting due diligence and presenting new credit, guarantee and investment approvals for credit committee recommendation and Governing Board approval, all in accordance with the OPEC Fund’s policies and procedures and the departmental strategy and framework, in order to develop opportunities for future business.
- Conducts business development missions (business trips) to identify and qualify potential clients
- Establishes and maintains relationships with strategic partners; DFIs and Commercial Banks to generate business
- Stays abreast of country, sectoral, market and business developments/new projects
- Provides recommendations and suggestions to the Director Business Development for any improvement of the work efficiency and productivity.
- Participates in the appraisal/due diligence of new projects under considerations
- Reviews and assesses financial viability, creditworthiness and developmental impact of the new projects
Stakeholder Management and Engagement:
- Establishes and maintains regular contact with existing clients in order to develop pipeline for current and future years
- Represents the institution at external conferences, meetings, symposia, and other external events
- Ensures proper communication with the Communications, IT, Legal Services Department and Risk Management function
Carries out other tasks that are related to the job function, assigned by the Director Business Development.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Accounting / Commerce / Finance / Economics
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience preferably 2-3 years obtained within the Private Sector division of a major international development finance institution; a banking environment (including commercial or investment banking, fund management or a development bank); a commercial/development environment of relevance to the OPEC Fund’s operations and job profile
- Preferably 1-2 years of experience at an international development finance institution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- A good working knowledge of Arabic, French or Spanish will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date