The OPEC Fund for International Development is currently seeking for a suitably qualified applicant to take the position of Investment Manager. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Investment Manager, Portfolio Management Unit
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Location: Austria (AT)
Aim of Job
This position is responsible for managing a portfolio of the Private Sector and Trade Finance Department’s loans, equity investments and guarantees in developing countries, including execution and implementation of approved operations and continuous monitoring of the assigned portfolio, all in accordance with related finance documents, the departmental strategy and framework and the OPEC Fund’s policies and procedures, in order to contribute to a compliant and optimal project portfolio.
Review & analysis and reporting
- Processes withdrawal applications
- Reviews financial covenants, compliance certificates, external project reports, and financial reports of borrowers and prepares credit monitoring reports
- Reviews and processes waiver, amendment, consent, and rescheduling/restructuring requests
- Conducts monitoring missions and if required, participates in appraisal/due diligence missions
- Stays abreast of country, sectoral, market and product developments
- Provides recommendations and suggestions to the Director Portfolio Management for any improvement of the work efficiency and productivity
Stakeholder Management and Engagement:
- Negotiates and closes new transactions with borrowers, shareholders, and co-lenders
- Manages relationships with existing borrowers and co-financiers in order to monitor project implementation in line with the provisions of signed agreements and approved procedures
- Represents the OPEC Fund at external conferences, meetings, symposia, and other external events in connection with project review & monitoring
- Participates in departmental working groups and organizational taskforces as required
- Works closely with related departments throughout the project cycle, e.g. the Legal Department and Loan Management Unit throughout the phase preceding full disbursement
Carries out other tasks that are related to the job function, assigned by the Director Portfolio Management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Accounting / Commerce / Finance / Economics
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience preferably 2-3 years obtained within the Private Sector division of a major international development finance institution; a banking environment (including commercial or investment banking, fund management or a development bank); a commercial/development environment of relevance to the OPEC Fund’s operations and job profile
- Preferably 1-2 years of experience at an international development finance institution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- A good working knowledge of Arabic, French or Spanish will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.