Looking for a job as an IT Enterprise Application Lead? Look no more, because this position could be for you.
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE),
Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN);
to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Read also: Account Officer at Artee Group
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Enterprise Application Lead
Job Type:Full time
Reporting To: Head, Information Technology
IT Enterprise Application Lead Role Purpose
- This role will be responsible for implementation and support of all IT applications; upkeep of a secured IT environment, training and development of enterprise applications team and the users of the IT systems implemented across IE.
- This role will also be responsible for ensuring the adoption of the right architecture principles across information technology.
Read also: Administrative Assistant at Bizadix Agency
Responsibilities of the IT Enterprise Application Lead
- Develop, implement and maintain IT application systems to meet the requirements of the user departments in IE and to achieve the long-term strategic requirements of the company;
- Develop, implement and enforce necessary policies and procedures on the right usage of application systems and associated hardware; to ensure a secured operating environment with defined levels of authority and usage.
- Oversee the development of the appropriate information technology User Manuals / Guidance Notes.
- Coordinate with the Human Resources and Administrative department to define the training needs of the IT staff on application system development, database administration, application Support etc. to keep them updated on industry developments in information technology.
- Coordinate with the Human Resources and Administrative department to identify and meet the IT training needs of the users of the IT application systems in the various departments.
- Develop the budget requirements and monitor expenditure on the information systems deployed to ensure that expenditure is accurately forecasted and kept within agreed limits.
- Supervise the development of maintenance and support programs for all software upgrades required for;
- Ensure minimum application downtimes and prompt resolution of problems.
- Review and study the functional requirements for new application systems in various and assess the options for implementation;
- Assess and evaluate different vendors available for the set functional requirements; and provide a suitable IT implementation/upgrade plan;
- Prepare a detailed migration plan for any system/software upgrade to ensure proper business continuity;
- Provide required management information on IT performance to assist with effective decision making;
- Maintain an awareness of new developments in information technology and its applications in the electricity sector and, ensure that the company makes the best use of any such developments;
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
Minimum Qualifications for the IT Enterprise Application Lead
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science; a Masters degree in information technology will be an added advantage.
- 8 – 10 years’ experience in management / implementation of IT application systems, preferably in an electricity utility.
Technical Competencies for the IT Enterprise Application Lead
- Programming and Application Development
- Application system management – maintenance and troubleshooting
- Software development skills – C++ or C#, Java, Reacts etc.
- Proficiency in SQL, Python and a deep knowledge of data analytics.
Behavioral Competencies for the IT Enterprise Application Lead:
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus.
Application Closing Date
26th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online