IT Service Desk Manager at MainOne Cable Nigeria
Wanna work at an IT Service Desk manager? Be sure to stick to the end as you are on the right page. We are excited to bring to your notice that there is a vacancy at MainOne Cable Nigeria for the position of an IT Service Desk Manager.
MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Service Desk Manager
Department: Corporate Services & Development
Job Type: Permanent
Responsibilities of an IT Service Desk Manager
- The IT Service Desk Manager’s role is to ensure that end-users are receiving the appropriate assistance. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to identification, prioritization, and resolution of incidents, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of Service Desk functions.
- He or she will be responsible for planning, designing, and analyzing the organization’s service desk according to best practices while ensuring high levels of customer service quality and availability. This individual will recommend, develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent service levels and quick resolutions.
- The job holder will also manage service process design, and performance analysis, develop proactive resolution plans and contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users where necessary.
Specific Responsibilities include the following:
Strategy & Planning:
- Develop Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes.
- Develop policies and procedures that outline how problems are identified, documented, assigned, and corrected.
- Analyze performance of Service Desk activities and document resolutions, identify problem areas, devise and deliver solutions to enhance the quality of service to prevent future problems.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols and standards in support of service desk technology procurement and development efforts.
- Liaise with vendors for the procurement of new systems technologies; oversee the installation and resolve adaptation issues.
- Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Service Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end-user issues.
- Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Track and analyze trends in Help Desk requests and generate statistical reports.
- Assess the need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
- Identify, recommend, develop and implement end-user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Oversee development and communication of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQs for end users.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of service desk staff training procedures and policies.
- Train, coach, and mentor Service Desk Technicians and other junior staff.
- Manage the overall desk activities and staff.
- Contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary.
- Attend Change Advisor Board (CAB) meetings.
- Monitor incident trends and anticipate potential problems for proactive
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- B.Sc./ HND in the field of Computer Science, Electrical / Electronics
- 5+ years’ work experience in IT service desk and support
- Certification in ITIL V3, MCSE/MCSA
- Extensive application support experience
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware, including troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities. Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Win10, Windows 2016 server etc.
- Familiarity with the advanced principles of ITIL, ITSM
- Knowledge of Remedy ITSM, Microsoft EndPoint Manager,
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft SCCM, Microsoft AD, AutoPilot OS deployment, Microsoft MAM & MDM
- Proven track record of developing and providing SLAs and Service Desk deliverables
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the management of a technical support team
- Understanding of the OSI model and knowledge of TCP/IP
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP and SharePoint platform
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
Demands of the Job:
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills
- Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates
- Strong customer service orientation
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
For more job updates and recommendations, visit mextechy.com.ng