Jigawa State Polytechnic (JIGPOLY) courses (All Departments). Are you looking for the list of courses offered at JIGPOLY?
The following is the list of available National Diploma & Higher National Diploma courses/programmes offered in Jigawa State Polytechnic, Dutse that gained National Universities Commission (NUC) accreditation.
About Jigawa State Polytechnic Dutse:
Jigawa State Polytechnic came in to being following the taking over of the then Hussaini Adamu Polytechnic by the Federal Government and its subsequent conversion to Hussaini Adamu Federal
Polytechnic Kazaure in 2007.
Since the then Polytechnic was taken over, three of its constituent parts namely College for Legal and Islamic Studies Ringim, College of Agriculture Hadejia as well as College of Business and Management
Studies Dutse were left independently as Monotechnics.
Having been left without any Science and Technology course, the future of College of Business and Management Studies (CBMS) became apparently blink due to the fact that for any Polytechnic to be
accredited it must have 70% of its courses in Science and Technology related field.
Kiyawa Road, Dutse, Jigawa Nigeria
Below is the wide range of official courses offered in Jigawa State Polytechnic
List of Accredited Courses Offered in Jigawa State Polytechnic
College of Business and Management Studies
HND in Accountancy
HND in Business Administration
HND in Public Administration
ND in Accountancy
ND in Business Administration
ND in Public Administration
ND in Office Technology (starting soon)
ND in Social Administration (starting soon)
Advanced Diploma Courses:
Advanced Diploma in Public Accounting and Auditing
Advanced Diploma in Business Administration
Advanced Diploma in Public Administration
Diploma in Public Accounting and Auditing
Diploma in Taxation
Diploma in Marketing
Diploma in Purchasing and Supply
Diploma in Public Administration
Diploma in Office Technology and Management
Diploma in Crime Management and Control
Diploma in Social Administration
Diploma in Medical Social Works
Diploma in Mass Communication
College of Engineering and Environmental Studies
ND in Architecture
ND in Building Technology
ND in Electrical and Electronics
ND in Quantity Surveying
ND in Welding and Fabrication
ND in Civil Engineering
ND in Mechanical Engineering
ND in Estate Management
ND in Urban and Regional Planning
College of Science and Technology
ND and HND Courses:
ND in Computer Science
ND in Science Laboratory Technology
ND in Statistics
ND in Environmental Health
ND in Leisure & Tourism Management (starting soon)
ND in Nutrition & Dietetics (starting soon)
HND in Computer Science
HND in Microbiology
HND in Physics Electronics
HND in Biochemistry
Diploma in Applied Statistics
Diploma in Computer System and Networking
Diploma in Environmental Health
Diploma in Industrial Chemistry
Diploma in Information Technology
List of New Courses Offered:
- HND COMPUTER SCIENCE (MORNING)
- HND STATISTICS (MORNING)
- HND BIOCHEMISRTY (MORNING)
- HND MICROBIOLOGY (MORNING)
- HND PHYSICS/ELECTRONICS (MORNING)
- HND ENVIRONMENTAL BIOLOGY (MORNING)
- ADVANCE DIPLOMA IN COMPUTER SCIENCE (AFTERNOON)
- ADVANCE DIPLOMA IN STATISTICS (AFTERNOON)
- ADVANCE DIPLOMA IN INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY (AFTERNOON)
- ADVANCE DIPLOMA IN ENVIRONMENTAL BIOLOGY (AFTERNOON)
- ND SOCIAL ADMINISTRATION (MORNING)
- ND OFFICE TECHNOLOGY (MORNING)
- DIPLOMA IN BUILDING TECHNOLOGY (AFTERNOON)
- DIPLOMA IN CIVIL ENGINEERING (AFTERNOON)
- DIPLOMA IN ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS (AFTERNOON)
- DIPLOMA IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (AFTERNOON)
- CERTIFICATE IN ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN (MORNING)
- CERTIFICATE IN ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH ASSISTANT (MORNING)
Jigawa State Polytechnic ND Admission Entry Requirements.
- Candidates must meet Jigawa State Polytechnic cut-off mark and courses to be offered in order to be eligible for Post UTME examination and admission screening exercise.
- Candidates must possess at least 5 credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and Mathematics at GCE O’level, WASSCE, SSCE, NECO, NABTEB or approved equivalents at not more than two (2) Sittings.
- Applicants must be at least sixteen (16) year of age in the year of admission.
- satisfy Jigawa State Polytechnic department and faculty requirements before being admitted.
Jigawa State Polytechnic HND Admission Entry Requirements.
For a candidate to be considered for admission in the institution at HND level, the following basic requirements must be met;
- A prospective candidate for Higher National Diploma must possess at least a lower credit (CGPA) of 2.50 in National Diploma in relevant ND Programme.
- Applicant for the admission into Higher National Diploma programme must possess a National Diploma in the same programme with at least lower credit pass in the relevant programme of study
and with at least, one year post-ND relevant industrial training experience.
- In addition to the above, a candidate must meet the admission requirement for the ND programme.
- In exceptional cases, candidates with pass grade and a minimum of two years post qualification experience in the specified field may be considered for admission.
- A minimum of twelve (12) months of supervised industrial experience,
- Must possess 5 credit passes in relevant O-Level subjects in not more than two sittings.
- A transcript is required for admission into all HND programs in the institution especially prospective candidates from other institutions.
Other Polytechnics’ Courses: