Suitably qualified and interested applicants are welcome to Northwest Petroleum & Gas Company Limited for the vacant position of a Junior Legal Officer. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Junior Legal Officer
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria (Onsite)
Other jobs like this you might like:
- Network Engineer at Beacongate Limited
- Senior DevOp Engineer at Zojatech Limited
- Graduate Medical House Officer at Military Hospital Lagos (MHL)
About Northwest Petroleum & Gas Company Limited
Northwest Petroleum & Gas Company Limited is a Company in the Oil & Gas Sector of the economy with international repute. The Company has vast experience in the importation, supply, distribution, and storage of Petroleum Products and is also actively involved in the official export of Crude Oil from Nigeria being one of the twenty-seven Companies approved by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) for allocation and export of Nigerian Crude Oil.
Presently, amongst other facilities, the Company operates two (2) Ultra-Modern Mega Petroleum Products Storage Terminals with a combined capacity of 96.8 million litres certified and duly licensed by the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) and an Ultra-Modern Berthing Facility with an International state of the art Fire Fighting and Safety Equipment in the Calabar Free Trade Zone, Cross River State.
Main Key Responsibilities
- Support in the provision of internal advisory services on legal matters related to the operation of the company.
- Support dispute resolution function, and negotiations under supervision
- Support corporate activities to ensure conformity with the applicable laws.
- Assist in preparing and monitoring companywide compliance checklists
- Provide support in regularization of Annual Returns with CAC – Court attendance, Legal searches, and monitoring title perfection processes at applicable land registries.
- Act as the liaising officer with external counsel to follow-up and ensure quick closure on litigations
- Assisting in contract lifecycle management – preparation, drafting, vetting and negotiation of agreement
- Assist with monitoring and filling of completed contracts and other corporate documents.
- Assist with the preparation of board resolutions and extract of minutes, schedule of meetings etc.
Qualification / Experience / Key Competencies
- A minimum of LL.B, BL Degree at Second Class (Upper Division) or above.
- 3-5 years Post Call (with 3 years in a law firm). At least 2 years oil & gas Industry experience is an advantage
- Leadership skills – Excellent Business Writing Skills
- Experience on engaging with relevant government, maritime, local content agencies, etc.
- Good relationship management and communication abilities for interaction with internal/external parties.
- Proactiveness with a high sense of confidentiality is most crucial.
Application Closing Date: 19th August, 2022.