Ken Saro Wiwa Polytechnic courses (All Departments). Are you looking for the list of courses offered at Ken Saro Wiwa Polytechnic?
The following is the list of available National Diploma & Higher National Diploma courses/programmes offered in Ken Sarowiwa Polytechnic, Bori, Rivers State. that gained National Universities Commission (NUC) accreditation.
About Ken Saro Wiwa Polytechnic:
Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic (formerly Rivers State Polytechnic) is a tertiary learning institution in Bori City, Khana Local Government Area in Rivers State, Nigeria.
It has two campuses, one for the School of Management Sciences and the other for the School of Engineering. It is approved as a state-owned polytechnic by the National Board for Technical Education.
The polytechnic was established by the Rivers State Government on 13 May 1988 to provide instruction and research in applied science, technology, commerce and business management.
The Military Governor, Anthony Ukpo, inaugurated the provisional council and his successor, Group Captain Ernest Adeleye signed the edict establishing the Polytechnic on 25 March 1989 and performed the formal ceremony of the institution on 19 May 1990.
In 2009 Senator Lee Ledogo Maeba noted that in 2007 he had obtained approval in principle from the Federal Government to upgrade the polytechnic to a Federal institution, but that the state government
had yet to follow up on the opportunity.
In August 2009 the acting provost spoke of the problem with cultism among students, and possibly instructors, and described the decisive actions that the polytechnic was taking to combat it.
Talking in November 2009 about efforts to clean up the environment from contamination by oil exploitation, Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi said that educational institutes including the
polytechnic would assist in ensuring the success of the program.
In January 2010 the polytechnic introduced a National Diploma course in Mass Communication, for aspiring journalists.
Bori Box 20,Khana LGA, Rivers State, Bori, Nigeria.
Below is the wide range of official courses offered in Ken Saro Wiwa Polytechnic:
List of Accredited Courses Offered in Ken Saro Wiwa Polytechnic
Estate Management and Valuation
Urban and Regional Planning
Surveying and Geoinformatics
Science Laboratory Science
Mechanical Engineering Technology
Chemical Engineering Technology
Business Administration and Management
Banking and Finance
Ken Saro Wiwa Polytechnic ND Admission Entry Requirements.
- Candidates must meet Ken Saro Wiwa Polytechnic cut-off mark and courses to be offered in order to be eligible for Post UTME examination and admission screening exercise.
- Candidates must possess at least 5 credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and Mathematics at GCE O’level, WASSCE, SSCE, NECO, NABTEB or approved equivalents at not more than two (2) Sittings.
- Applicants must be at least sixteen (16) year of age in the year of admission.
- Satisfy Ken Saro Wiwa Polytechnic department and faculty requirements before being admitted.
Ken Saro Wiwa Polytechnic HND Admission Entry Requirements.
For a candidate to be considered for admission in the institution at HND level, the following basic requirements must be met;
- A prospective candidate for Higher National Diploma must possess at least a lower credit (CGPA) of 2.50 in National Diploma in relevant ND Programme.
- Applicant for the admission into Higher National Diploma programme must possess a National Diploma in the same programme with at least lower credit pass in the relevant programme of study
and with at least, one year post-ND relevant industrial training experience.
- In addition to the above, a candidate must meet the admission requirement for the ND programme.
- In exceptional cases, candidates with pass grade and a minimum of two years post qualification experience in the specified field may be considered for admission.
- A minimum of twelve (12) months of supervised industrial experience,
- Must possess 5 credit passes in relevant O-Level subjects in not more than two sittings.
- A transcript is required for admission into all HND programs in the institution especially prospective candidates from other institutions.
Other Polytechnics’ Courses: