It can be frustrating for students to find out they didn’t meet up with a school’s requirement after choosing the school as their choice of study. So, we have compiled all the accredited list of courses of Kwara State University (KWASU) as well as their admission requirements.
Nonetheless, before going into the crux of today’s topic, I would like to share with you the some basic information about KWASU that you are supposed to know.
Brief Info About KWASU
Kwara State University, also known as KWASU, is the 77th university to be registered by the Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC). It is the 95th university to be recognized in Nigeria.
The university was established by the administration of Dr. Bukola Saraki in 2009, and envisioned to be more than a typical university in Nigeria. It was designed to be a centre for community service and entrepreneurship. In a country where the fundamental values of volunteerism and community involvement are yet to be fully embraced, The university recognizes itself as a part of a community, and has the position of a Director for Community Development for the purpose of mobilizing the community, setting assessment strategies, and identifying the needs within the community so that lecturers can use their expertise to impact directly on the communities. KWASU held her first convocation on 1 June 2013 and inaugurated KWASU Alumni Association with Oyinloye Damilare Peter as the pioneer President.
List of Available Courses Offered by KWASU
Kwara State University (KWASU) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the under – listed courses.
- ACTUARIAL SCIENCE
- AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING
- ARABIC STUDIES
- BANKING AND FINANCE
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- BUSINESS AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP STUDIES
- BUSINESS EDUCATION
- CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- COMMON AND ISLAMIC LAW
- COMMON LAW
- COMPUTER ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- EARLY CHILDHOOD AND PRIMARY EDUCATION
- EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
- EDUCATION AND SCIENCE
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- ENGLISH AND LITERARY STUDIES
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SCIENCE
- ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT AND TOXICOLOGY:
- FINE ARTS/FINE AND APPLIED ARTS
- FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- GEOLOGY AND MINERAL SCIENCE
- HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM
- HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT
- HUMAN KINETICS
- ISLAMIC STUDIES
- LANGUAGES AND LINGUISTICS
- LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- MASS COMMUNICATION
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE
- METALLURGICAL AND MATERIAL ENGINEERING
- PERFORMING ARTS
- PLANT BIOLOGY
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- POLITICAL SCIENCE AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- PUBLIC HEALTH
- PUBLIC HEALTH SCIENCE
- SPECIAL EDUCATION
N/B: We will keep you updated when new programmes are introduced.
KWARA STATE UNIVERSITY UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
General Admission Requirements
Gaining admission into an Undergraduate Programme in KWASU is basically under 2 entry method which includes the UTME entry and the Direct Entry.
KWASU admission requirements through UTME
To gain admission into the Kwara State University in 2021/2022, UTME candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must have reached the age of 16.
- Candidates must have at least 6 (six) “Cs (Credits)” grades in their O’level result (s). This must include English Language, Mathematics and three other subjects related to their course of study. For instance, a Candidate that wants to study law must have a “C” in English Language, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics and Literature in English.
- Candidates must score at least 170 in JAMB UTME examination
- Candidates must take KWASU post UTME screening examination and must perform very well in the examination (Depending on the course of study)
- Not more than ONE sitting results is accepted for admission into the Kwara State University (KWASU)
- Candidates must choose the correct subject combination for their courses.
- Finally, candidates must meet the stipulated cutoff marks for their courses to gain admission into the university.
KWASU admission requirements through Direct Entry
Candidates who wish to gain admission through direct entry into the Kwara State University (KWASU) must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must possess at least five (5) Credits in their O’level result. This must include English Language and Mathematics. However, two sitting result is not allowed.
- Candidates must have also reached the age of 16.
- Candidates are expected to get JAMB Directly entry form from JAMB to apply.
- Candidates should have any of the following certificates: OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, ICAN