It can be frustrating for students to find out they didn’t meet up with a school’s requirement after choosing the school as their choice of study. So, we have compiled all the accredited list of courses offered in Lagos State University as well as their admission requirements.
Nonetheless, before going into the crux of today’s topic, I would like to share with you the some basic information about LASU that you are supposed to know.
About the University
Lagos State University, also known as LASU, is located in Ojo, a town in Lagos State, Nigeria. The university was established in 1983 by the enabling law of Lagos State, for the advancement of learning and establishment of academic excellence; its motto being For Truth and Service. The university caters for over 35,000 students. The University was established during the Administration of Late Lateef Kayode Jakande. The university offers diploma, degree and post graduate programmes, including an MBA programme. LASU was ranked among the top 600 universities in the world by in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings for 2020. On 23 June, 2021 LASU emerged as the best young university in Nigeria having been below the age of 50 years to be added. Times Higher Education ranked the Lagos State University as the second best university in Nigeria on the 2 September 2020, and was the only state university included in the rankings for 2022. The university has attracted international funding, including for the establishment of a World Bank Group Africa Centre for Excellence on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
The university has three major campuses, at Ojo, Ikeja and Epe.
List of Available Courses Offered by LASU
Lagos State University (LASU) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the under – listed courses.
- AERONAUTIC AND ASTRONAUTIC ENGINEERING
- ARABIC STUDIES
- BANKING AND FINANCE
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- BUSINESS EDUCATION
- CHEMICAL AND POLYMER ENGINEERING
- CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- CURRICULUM STUDIES
- DENTISTRY AND DENTAL SURGERY
- DRAMA/DRAMATIC/PERFORMING ARTS
- EARLY CHILDHOOD AND PRIMARY EDUCATION
- EDUCATION ACCOUNTING
- EDUCATION AND ARABIC
- EDUCATION AND BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND CHEMISTRY:
- EDUCATION AND CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- EDUCATION AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND ECONOMICS
- EDUCATION AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- EDUCATION AND FRENCH:
- EDUCATION AND GEOGRAPHY
- EDUCATION AND HISTORY:
- EDUCATION AND ISLAMIC STUDIES:
- EDUCATION AND MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION AND PHYSICS
- EDUCATION AND POLITICAL SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND YORUBA
- EDUCATION, LANGUAGE AND FRENCH
- EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATIONS
- EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT
- ELECTRONICS AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- FINE AND APPLIED ARTS:
- GEOGRAPHY AND PLANNING
- GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
- HEALTH EDUCATION
- HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
- INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS AND PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT
- ISLAMIC STUDIES
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND DEVELOPMENT STUDIES
- MASS COMMUNICATION
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- MEDICINE AND SURGERY
- NURSING/NURSING SCIENCE
- PEACE STUDIES
- PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- TEACHER EDUCATION SCIENCE:
- TECHNOLOGICAL MANAGEMENT
- TECHNOLOGY AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
- TRANSPORT MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY
- YORUBA AND COMMUNICATION ARTS
List of Facilities in Lagos State University
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Clinical Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Business Administration
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Arts
LASU Admission Requirements
The following are the general entry requirements approved for admission into the institution.
- Candidates who chose Lagos State University as their preferred choice of institution during the Post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry (DE) Registration.
- UTME Candidate must have a minimum JAMB and/or the institutional cut-off marks or higher for the programmes applied.
- Candidates are also required to obtain the required O’level credits for their programmes as specified in JAMB Brochure.
- Candidate must be at least 16 (Sixteen) of age.
- Interested Candidates who did not choose Lagos State University during the UTME/DE Registration but wish to study in the University, should change to the LASU via JAMB website.