Legal Executive (Construction) At Alpha Mead Group
Alpha Mead Group is currently looking for a legal executive for immediate employment. Interested persons are expected to apply but first should kindly go through the full details of this position below.
Job Title: Legal Executive (Construction)
- Review, modify, and create construction contracts, government contracts, and contractor agreements that protect from potential general liability and payment protection issues
- Prepare and manage all legal documents such as correspondence, motions, pleadings, briefs, and claims, Litigation & Non-Litigation matters pertaining to properties, consumer disputes, labour disputes, etc.,
- Provide legal advice and support in drafting commercial agreements, MOUs, POAs, Conveyance deeds, Indemnity Bonds, SLAs, etc.
- Understand commercial conditions in tender documents, analyze risks of the conditions, propose revised conditions and discuss with tender managers to minimize such risks.
- Draft and negotiate real estate transactions.
- Resolve construction claims and disputes regarding contracts, construction defects, torts, payments, bond claims, and liens to avoid litigation and arbitration where possible
- Mediate, negotiate, arbitrate, litigate, and argue motions on behalf of clients during legal proceedings in court
- Check contract conditions and prepare necessary documents in time for execution.
- Draft routine leases and amendments
- Serve as liaison for all regulatory bodies as well as maintain relationships with relevant legal bodies and trade associations.
- Support legal and general advisory needs associated with a large-scale real estate portfolio.
- Ensure legal due diligence during land/property acquisition in particular; Title investigation & Local legislation.
- Draft and ensure standardization (to the extent possible) of legal documents such as title transfer deeds, Agreement of sale, Offer letters, Conveyance documents, Lease Deeds, License Agreements, etc.
- Oversee contract lifecycle management – preparation, drafting, vetting and negotiation of agreement
- Monitoring and filing completed contracts and other corporate documents
- Liaising with external counsel and follow-up on pending litigations
- Carrying out of duties, as assigned by the Head of Legal Services.
See Other Jos:
Front Desk Officer at Pruvia Integrated Limited
HR Intern at Pruvia Integrated Limited
Economic Assistant at The U.S Embassy
HR Officer at Pruvia Integrated Limited
Content Writer at Pruvia Integrated Limited
Beauty Advisor at Focal Points Ventures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as in-house counsel or legal practitioner in a law firm.
- Specialty in construction law is strongly preferred but not required
- Current knowledge of the construction industry including labor law, contracts, processes, methods, building codes, and safety regulations is required
- Real Estate experience is a critical requirement, particularly in interfacing with lands and other regulatory bodies for the Development of Company projects
- Experience in construction litigations, including mediation or arbitration
- Good understanding of foreclosure.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Natural leader who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Strong writing skills, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal skills, and communication skills are necessary
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
Application Closing Date
For more job updates and recommendations, visit mextechy.com.ng