Alpha Mead Group is currently looking for a legal executive for immediate employment. Interested persons are expected to apply but first should kindly go through the full details of this position below.
Job Title: Legal Executive (Construction)
- Review, modify, and create construction contracts, government contracts, and contractor agreements that protect from potential general liability and payment protection issues
- Prepare and manage all legal documents such as correspondence, motions, pleadings, briefs, and claims, Litigation & Non-Litigation matters pertaining to properties, consumer disputes, labour disputes, etc.,
- Provide legal advice and support in drafting commercial agreements, MOUs, POAs, Conveyance deeds, Indemnity Bonds, SLAs, etc.
- Understand commercial conditions in tender documents, analyze risks of the conditions, propose revised conditions and discuss with tender managers to minimize such risks.
- Draft and negotiate real estate transactions.
- Resolve construction claims and disputes regarding contracts, construction defects, torts, payments, bond claims, and liens to avoid litigation and arbitration where possible
- Mediate, negotiate, arbitrate, litigate, and argue motions on behalf of clients during legal proceedings in court
- Check contract conditions and prepare necessary documents in time for execution.
- Draft routine leases and amendments
- Serve as liaison for all regulatory bodies as well as maintain relationships with relevant legal bodies and trade associations.
- Support legal and general advisory needs associated with a large-scale real estate portfolio.
- Ensure legal due diligence during land/property acquisition in particular; Title investigation & Local legislation.
- Draft and ensure standardization (to the extent possible) of legal documents such as title transfer deeds, Agreement of sale, Offer letters, Conveyance documents, Lease Deeds, License Agreements, etc.
- Oversee contract lifecycle management – preparation, drafting, vetting and negotiation of agreement
- Monitoring and filing completed contracts and other corporate documents
- Liaising with external counsel and follow-up on pending litigations
- Carrying out of duties, as assigned by the Head of Legal Services.
See Other Jos:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as in-house counsel or legal practitioner in a law firm.
- Specialty in construction law is strongly preferred but not required
- Current knowledge of the construction industry including labor law, contracts, processes, methods, building codes, and safety regulations is required
- Real Estate experience is a critical requirement, particularly in interfacing with lands and other regulatory bodies for the Development of Company projects
- Experience in construction litigations, including mediation or arbitration
- Good understanding of foreclosure.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Natural leader who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Strong writing skills, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal skills, and communication skills are necessary
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
Application Closing Date