Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc is currently looking for a legal officer for immediate employment. Interested persons are expected to apply. Kindly go through the full details of this position below.
Job Title: Legal Officer
Purpose of the Job
- The Legal Officer shall be responsible for monitoring and/or advising on all legal matters, commercial contracts, agreements and compliance with statutory/corporate governance practices and guidelines as observed in the subsidiaries.
- Provide internal advisory services to the business units and departments within the Company.
- Monitor the maintenance of the registers and other records required to be maintained by the Company under the Companies and Allied Matters Act.
- Provide all such other administrative and other secretarial duties as directed by the Head, Legal Services/Assistant Company Secretary.
- Follow up with external solicitors on registration of relevant intellectual property rights of the company.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements, finance documents and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Maintains an up-to-date list of company’s properties and their title documents, ensuring proper indexing and filing of original legal documents.
- LLB or BL.
- Membership of the Nigerian Bar Association.
- 5 years post bar experience.
- Membership of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria (ICSAN) is an added advantage.
The Person Must:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have Sound analytical mind.
- Have Good research ability.
- Have good presentation ability.
- Possess Relevant I.T. Skills.
Application Closing Date