Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc is currently seeking for qualified applicants who can take the vacant position of a manager. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Manager, Group Business Applications
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Location: Apapa, Lagos
About Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc
Incorporated on the 29th of September 1960, as a limited liability company and pioneer wheat miller in Nigeria, Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc (FMN) started out on a journey that has seen the company evolve into what is now one of the biggest brands in the foods and agro-allied industry in Africa. Over the years, the FMN brand grew tremendously from operating as a single business, flour miller, to a vast business group with strategic investments that cover key sectors of the Nigerian economy.
The group’s operations can be categorized into four major sectors of Food, Sugar, Agro-allied, and Support services. Our foray into the Agric sector started in 1978, with the acquisition of a 10,000-hectare farm in Kaboji, Niger state as part of an investment and expansion strategy designed to create value in the supply chain and reduce the reliance on imported raw materials. Since then, we have made substantial investments in the primary processing of locally grown soybean, palm fruit, cassava, maize, sugar cane, sorghum, and the storage, aggregation and distribution of locally sourced grains.
Purpose of the Job
- Delivering management, technical and administrative services to support and maintain live applications.
- Planning, estimating and executing systems development work to time, budget and quality targets.
- Ensuring that service components have the capacity and performance to meet current and planned business needs.
- Take ownership of the Business Applications portfolio and provide system implementation, software development and support service to meet the demands of the business.
- Direct the definition, implementation and continual improvement of the organization’s systems architecture management framework.
- Oversee the business application lifecycle management.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, creating value from business applications as the main goal.
- Draft and maintain procedures and documentation for applications support and implementation.
- Advise on application security, licensing, upgrades, backups, and disaster recovery needs.
- Keep abreast of new developments and forecasts future trends in the area of application integration.
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc / HND in IT or social science related course.
- 10 years cognate experience.
- Demonstrable experience deploying configurations of large, complex software for integration platforms/suites- (ERP); CRM; server OS; (SaaS) Solutions, (IaaS) platform & (PaaS) providers.
- Experience working with an offshore application support provider.
The Person Must:
- Have strong communication skills and be able to collaborate with people from all levels of the organization.
- Have excellent leadership abilities.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Be able to think creatively about how technology can be used to improve business processes.
- Have the ability to manage projects effectively, ensuring that they are on time and within budget.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.