Suitably qualified and interested applicants are welcome to Northwest Petroleum & Gas Company Limited for the vacant position of a Mechanical Technician. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Mechanical Technician
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria (Onsite)
Other jobs like this you might like:
- Network Engineer at Beacongate Limited
- Senior DevOp Engineer at Zojatech Limited
- Graduate Medical House Officer at Military Hospital Lagos (MHL)
About Northwest Petroleum & Gas Company Limited
Northwest Petroleum & Gas Company Limited is a Company in the Oil & Gas Sector of the economy with international repute. The Company has vast experience in the importation, supply, distribution, and storage of Petroleum Products and is also actively involved in the official export of Crude Oil from Nigeria being one of the twenty-seven Companies approved by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) for allocation and export of Nigerian Crude Oil.
Presently, amongst other facilities, the Company operates two (2) Ultra-Modern Mega Petroleum Products Storage Terminals with a combined capacity of 96.8 million litres certified and duly licensed by the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) and an Ultra-Modern Berthing Facility with an International state of the art Fire Fighting and Safety Equipment in the Calabar Free Trade Zone, Cross River State.
- Perform a variety of tasks pertaining to fabrication, installation, maintenance, repair, and service of mechanical equipment, instruments and structures used within the plant.
Main Key Responsibilities
- Maintain (test, inspect, adjust) and repair line equipment proactively in line with approved maintenance targets to assure of line efficiency, equipment availability and to minimize losses and risk.
- Ensure conformance with environmental and safety requirements commensurate with executing required instrument maintenance or replacement activities.
- Responsible to tests, maintain and repair all measuring, recording and other mechanical equipment/instruments to ensure accuracy and effectiveness.
- Remove defective instruments from system, decontaminate, disassemble, and clean and reassemble instruments, and replace defective parts, using hand tools.
- Documenting processes and maintaining mechanical service records.
- Monitoring the availability of parts and replenishing supplies.
- Developing and implementing mechanical maintenance plans to prevent costly equipment breakdowns.
- Ensure compliance with EMS/OHSAS/QMS and other statutory/organizational requirements.
- Participate in plant safety, health, and environmental programs.
Qualifications / Experience / Key Competencies
- B.Eng. or B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering with professional mechanical/engineering certification
- 6 – 10 years of relevant work experience in maintenance field of a hydraulic systems
- Experience in a maintenance / construction engineering role in the oil and gas industry
- General knowledge of the equipment, methods and processes used in the oil industry
- Knowledge of computer skills, good communication and organizational skills.
- Fully conversant with Mechanical safety rules
- Ability to be a self starter with minimum supervision and team player.
Application Closing Date: 19th August, 2022.