Hobark International Limited (HIL) is currently seeking applications from qualified applicants for the vacant position of a Mechanical Technologist. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Mechanical Technologist
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full-time
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About Hobark International Limited
Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark Group operating in the Oil and Gas Industry. Incorporated in 1998, the company started out as a staffing agency which supplied skilled personnel to the Oil and Gas Industry within Nigeria.
Growth and expansion led to diversification in a variety of services and the construction of offices in Port-Harcourt (Nigeria), Benin (Nigeria), Lagos (Nigeria), Houston (USA), London (UK), Calgary (Canada), Abidjan (Cote D’Ivoire), Libreville (Gabon) and Pointe-Noire (Congo). The corporate headquarters is located in Victoria Island, Lagos (Nigeria).
- Carries out routine maintenance and testing activities.
- Completes fault-finding and repair of mechanical systems and equipment.
- Modifies, repairs or replaces systems and equipment Installs new systems and equipment as required.
- Participates in Risk Assessments as part of Integrated Safe System Of Work (ISSOW)/Permit to Work preparation.
- Interprets technical drawings and updates with any changes following the installation of new systems and equipment.
- Training co-workers on the safe and efficient use of mechanical machinery and equipment.
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a mechanical technician in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical engineering designs, installations, maintenance, and repairs.
- Proficiency in mechanical design and diagnostic testing software.
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Great organizational and time management abilities.
- Willingness to perform mechanical maintenance and repairs outside of business hours.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.