Medical Laboratory Scientist at PPC Limited
This is a job opportunity for interested individuals at PPC Limited in Lagos. Applicants are needed for the available position of a Medical Laboratory Scientist.
This job is best suited for people in the field of healthcare or medical aspects. Please look through the full details of the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Work experience: 3 to 5 years.
- Location: Lagos (Ikeja)
- Job Field: Medical/Healthcare
Other jobs like this you might like:
- Business Development Executive at PPC Limited
- Technicians at Applied Engineering Technology Initiative
- Entry-Level Telesales Executive at Credpal (1 spot available)
- Parts Admin Assistant at Perfection Motor Company Limited
About PPC Limited
With over 20 years track record of delivering turnkey engineering solutions across 5 business sectors – Telecommunications, Energy, Health, Transport and Building Management Systems, PPC (formerly Philips Projects Centre) is a Systems Engineering and Integration Company whose activities are primarily geared towards providing specialized integrated solutions. PPC started business in 1991 as Philips Projects Centre, an affiliate of Philips Electronics N.V. of the Netherlands. The PPC acronym was retained after a strategic management buyout of the Dutch parent company.
With a track record exceeding two decades, PPC has become the leading provider of high quality systems integration services. Whether in oil & gas, healthcare, telecommunications, transportation, hospitality or the Power sector, PPC’s expertise has made a positive impact in virtually all sectors of the economy. Our strength lies in our ability to integrate very complex systems, a well-trained, highly motivated and customer-friendly staff; good understanding of technology & engineering; and a quality system that imbibes international best practices and conforms to ISO 9001 standards.
Some of the unique services we provide to the different industry segments include: consultancy and project definition, technical/audit survey, procurement, construction, installation, commissioning, maintenance, operations and project management.
Summary of Roles / Responsibilities
- Receive urine, blood or other samples for experimentation and analysis.
- Prepare standard volumetric solutions or reagents to be combined with specimens.
- Manage and operate laboratory equipment.
- Test and study blood, urine and other body fluids.
- Evaluate test results and prepare reports for physicians.
- Maintain laboratory quality assurance and safety standards.
- Cross-match blood for transfusion.
- Guide and supervise junior staff and technicians.
- Adhere to the protocols, norms, rules and regulations to maintain complete medical records.
- Establish quality assurance programs to monitor and ensure the accuracy of test results.
- Monitor patient outcomes.
- Adheres to general hospital standards.
- Ensures a hygienic and safe working environment in compliance with the healthcare procedures.
Qualifications and Person Specification
- Candidates must have BMLS qualification.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Good eyesight and clear vision.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Sound knowledge in clinical laboratory procedures.
- Sound knowledge in clinical microbiology.
- Knowledge of the use and operation of laboratory equipment such as microscopes and cell counters.
- Knowledge of a highly complex, clinical testing environment.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Application Deadline: 12th July, 2022.
You may visit the Official Website below for more information about PPC Limited: