This is a job opportunity for interested individuals at PPC Limited in Lagos. Applicants are needed for the available position of a Medical Laboratory Technician.
This job is best suited for people in the field of healthcare or medical aspects. Please look through the full details of the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Technician
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Work experience: 1 to 3 years.
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: Medical/Healthcare
Other jobs like this you might like:
- Business Development Executive at PPC Limited
- Technicians at Applied Engineering Technology Initiative
- Entry-Level Telesales Executive at Credpal (1 spot available)
- Parts Admin Assistant at Perfection Motor Company Limited
About PPC Limited
With over 20 years track record of delivering turnkey engineering solutions across 5 business sectors – Telecommunications, Energy, Health, Transport and Building Management Systems, PPC (formerly Philips Projects Centre) is a Systems Engineering and Integration Company whose activities are primarily geared towards providing specialized integrated solutions. PPC started business in 1991 as Philips Projects Centre, an affiliate of Philips Electronics N.V. of the Netherlands. The PPC acronym was retained after a strategic management buyout of the Dutch parent company.
With a track record exceeding two decades, PPC has become the leading provider of high quality systems integration services. Whether in oil & gas, healthcare, telecommunications, transportation, hospitality or the Power sector, PPC’s expertise has made a positive impact in virtually all sectors of the economy. Our strength lies in our ability to integrate very complex systems, a well-trained, highly motivated and customer-friendly staff; good understanding of technology & engineering; and a quality system that imbibes international best practices and conforms to ISO 9001 standards.
Some of the unique services we provide to the different industry segments include: consultancy and project definition, technical/audit survey, procurement, construction, installation, commissioning, maintenance, operations and project management.
Summary of Roles / Responsibilities
- Arrange daily activities based on the urgency of the request for samples
- Identify patients using ID documents or other means.
- Reassure patients and help them relax
- Maintain, calibrate, clean and test sterility of the equipment.
- Determine suitable venipuncture sites
- Collect and prepare samples for testing.
- Draw blood using sterilized needles ensuring optimal quantity and quality of samples.
- Label samples correctly and answer patient questions giving them meaningful information.
- Maintain patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential.
- Keep up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments.
- Order and maintain stocks and resources.
- Record and analyze data; keep an accurate record of all specimens
- Adhere to all health and safety standards while working.
- Documents information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
- Consistently completes duties neatly, accurately and promptly.
Qualifications and Person Specification
- Candidates must have an MLT qualification.
- 1-3 years of experience as a Laboratory Technician or in a similar role.
- Familiarity with laboratory environment
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Sound knowledge in clinical laboratory procedures.
- Knowledge of a high complexity clinical testing environment.
- Technician experience/ training
- Attention to detail and skill in proper patient identification
- Experience in Venipuncture techniques
- Time management
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to connect with several types of patients.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Application Deadline: 13th July, 2022.