It can be frustrating for students to find out they didn’t meet up with a school’s requirement after choosing the school as their choice of study. So, we have compiled all the accredited list of courses of Niger Delta University (NDU) as well as their admission requirements.
Nonetheless, before going into the crux of today’s topic, I would like to share with you the some basic information about Niger Delta University that you are supposed to know.
About The University
Niger Delta University (NDU) is in Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State in southern part of Nigeria. It was established in 2000. It is a Bayelsa state government-funded university. In 2002, It was established by Chief DSP Alamieyeseigha, then governor of Bayelsa state. It has two main campuses, one in the state capital, Yenagoa, which contains the law faculty, and the other in Amassoma. It also has its teaching hospital known as Niger Delta University Teaching Hospital (NDUTH) in Okolobiri.
The university offers education at Bachelor, Masters and PhD levels. It is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities. It is accredited and recognized by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
NDU Courses And Requirements 2022/2023
List Of Niger Delta University Courses And Programmes include:
|4.||Sociology and Anthropology|
|8.||Fine and Applied Arts|
|12.||Pure / Applied Chemistry|
|15.||Guidance and Counseling|
|16.||History and Diplomacy|
|18.||Agricultural Science and Education|
|19.||Vocational Industrial Education|
|22.||Adult and Community Education|
|23.||Physics with Electronics|
|24.||Electrical / Electronic Engineering|
|27.||Agricultural and Environmental Engineering|
|28.||Chemical / Petrochemical Engineering|
|32.||Banking and Finance|
|35.||Education and Geography|
|38.||Curriculum and Instruction|
|44.||Business Administration and Management|
|45.||Office And Information Management|
|46.||Business Administration / Marketing|
|47.||Education and Mathematics|
|53.||Urban and Regional Planning|
|55.||Education and Integrated Science|
|56.||Nursing / Nursing Science|
|57.||Education and Science|
|58.||Medical Laboratory Technology / Science|
|59.||Education and Political Science|
|60.||Mathematics / Computer Science|
|61.||Education and Social Science|
|62.||Library and Information Science|
|64.||Agricultural Extension and Rural Sociology|
|65.||Education and Religious Studies|
|67.||English and Literary Studies|
|68.||Education and Social Studies|
|69.||Medicine and Surgery|
|71.||Chemical Engineering Technology|
|72.||Crop Production Technology|
|73.||Industrial Education Technology|
|74.||Livestock Production Technology|
NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, NDU UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
General Admission Requirements
Gaining admission into an Undergraduate Programme in NDU is basically under 2 entry method which includes the UTME entry and the Direct Entry.
NDU admission requirements through UTME
To gain admission into the Niger Delta University in 2021/2022, UTME candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must have reached the age of 16.
- Candidates must have at least 6 (six) “Cs (Credits)” grades in their O’level result (s). This must include English Language, Mathematics and three other subjects related to their course of study. For instance, a Candidate that wants to study law must have a “C” in English Language, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics and Literature in English.
- Candidates must score at least 160 in JAMB UTME examination
- Candidates must take UDU post UTME screening examination and must perform very well in the examination (Depending on the course of study)
- Not more than ONE sitting results is accepted for admission into the Niger Delta University (NDU)
- Candidates must choose the correct subject combination for their courses.
- Finally, candidates must meet the stipulated cutoff marks for their courses to gain admission into the university.
NDU admission requirements through Direct Entry
Candidates who wish to gain admission through direct entry into the Niger Delta University (NDU) must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must possess at least five (5) Credits in their O’level result. This must include English Language and Mathematics. However, two sitting result is not allowed.
- Candidates must have also reached the age of 16.
- Candidates are expected to get JAMB Directly entry form from JAMB to apply.
- Candidates should have any of the following certificates: OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, ICAN