This is to inform you that Leverage Seeds Limited is currently seeking for qualified applicants who can take the vacant position of an organic farmer. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Organic Farmer
- Employment Type: Contract
- Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Recruitment type: 1-year renewable contract
- We are looking for an experienced organic farmer to help us expand our operation. The ideal candidate will have experience in organic farming practices, crop rotation, irrigation, and soil management.
- He or she will also be familiar with the use of organic pesticides and herbicides.
- The farmer we hire will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the farm, including planting, harvesting, and managing the farm workers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, plant, and cultivate organic vegetables, fruits, grains, and other crops
- Maintain irrigation systems, repair fences, and perform other physical labor as necessary
- Use sustainable farming practices to protect the environment and conserve resources
- Manage pests and weeds using natural methods such as crop rotation, mulching, and beneficial insects
- Keep detailed records of seed varieties, planting dates, fertilizer applications, yields, and other important data
- Work with customers, employees, and other farmers to sell products and share information
- Stay up-to-date on new developments in organic farming methods
- Order seeds, supplies, and equipment as needed
- Supervise farm workers and delegate tasks as necessary
- Inspect fields and crops regularly to identify problems and take corrective action
- Harvest crops at peak ripeness and deliver them to customers in a timely manner
- Plan for the next growing season by selecting crop varieties, ordering seeds, and making other preparations
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, or related field
- 2 – 4 years work experience.
- Proven experience as a organic farm manager
- Working knowledge of organic farming practices
- Experience with soil preparation, planting, irrigation, and crop maintenance
- Ability to operate farm equipment (tractors, plows, etc.)
- Strong physical stamina and ability to lift heavy objects
- Basic math skills for budgeting and record-keeping
- Experience with sustainable farming practices
- Knowledge of natural pest and weed control methods.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their cover letter and CV to: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com using “Organic Farmer – Oyo state at Leverage Seeds Limited” as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Closing Date: 30th December, 2022.
Note: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.