The Polytechnic Ibadan courses (All Departments). Are you looking for the list of courses offered at Polytechnic Ibadan?
The following is the list of available National Diploma & Higher National Diploma courses/programmes offered in The Polytechnic Ibadan, Oyo State that gained National Universities Commission (NUC) accreditation.
About Polytechnic Ibadan:
The Polytechnic, Ibadan was established on 7th August 1970 as a successor to the erstwhile Technical College, Ibadan under the provisions of a Principal Edit 1970.
This Edict has undergone several amendments in order to make The Polytechnic relevant to the present day needs of Oyo State, the proprietor in particular, Nigeria, and the World at large.
The primary function of The Polytechnic is to provide for students training and development of techniques in Applied Science, Engineering, Environmental, Studies and Commerce.
The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Polytechnic Road, Sango, Ibadan, Nigeria. P.M.B 22, U.I Post Office, Ibadan.
Ibadan , Oyo 200201, NG
Below is the wide range of official courses offered in Polytechnic Ibadan:
List of Accredited Courses Offered in Polytechnic Ibadan
- Agricultural Engineering / Technology
- Agricultural Technology
- Architectural Technology
- Art and Design
- Banking And Finance
- Building Technology
- Chemical Engineering Technology
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Estate Mangement And Valuation
- Food Technology
- Geological Sciences
- Local Government Studies
- Mass Communication
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering Technology
- Music Technology
- Office Technology And Management
- Public Administration
- Quantity Surveying
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Surveying and Geo-Informatics
- Urban and Regional Planning
Polytechnic Ibadan ND Admission Entry Requirements.
- Candidates must meet Polytechnic Ibadan cut-off mark and courses to be offered in order to be eligible for Post UTME examination and admission screening exercise.
- Candidates must possess at least 5 credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and Mathematics at GCE O’level, WASSCE, SSCE, NECO, NABTEB or approved
equivalents at not more than two (2) Sittings.
- Applicants must be at least sixteen (16) year of age in the year of admission.
- satisfy The Polytechnic Ibadan department and faculty requirements before being admitted.
Polytechnic Ibadan HND Admission Entry Requirements.
For a candidate to be considered for admission in the institution at HND level, the following basic requirements must be met;
- A prospective candidate for Higher National Diploma must possess at least a lower credit (CGPA) of 2.50 in National Diploma in relevant ND Programme.
- Applicant for the admission into Higher National Diploma programme must possess a National Diploma in the same programme with at least lower credit pass in the relevant programme of study
and with at least, one year post-ND relevant industrial training experience.
- In addition to the above, a candidate must meet the admission requirement for the ND programme.
- In exceptional cases, candidates with pass grade and a minimum of two years post qualification experience in the specified field may be considered for admission.
- A minimum of twelve (12) months of supervised industrial experience,
- Must possess 5 credit passes in relevant O-Level subjects in not more than two sittings.
- A transcript is required for admission into all HND programs in the institution especially prospective candidates from other institutions.
Other Polytechnics’ Courses: