Port-Harcourt Polytechnic courses (All Departments). Are you looking for the list of courses offered at Port-Harcourt Polytechnic?
The following is the list of available National Diploma & Higher National Diploma courses/programmes offered in Port-Harcourt Polytechnic, Rivers State that gained National Universities Commission (NUC) accreditation.
About Port-Harcourt Polytechnic:
Port-Harcourt Polytechnic is a state owned polytechnic located in rivers state south south Nigeria, the polytechnic is funded and managed by the State Government of Rivers state.
The polytechnic is also called Elechi Amadi polytechnic and is located in Rumuola, Rivers state.
The polytechnic is on a mission to provide first class technological training to her students alongside vocational skills and good morals.
The polytechnic has a large and relatively diverse student body. It has no religious affiliations and therefore admits students irrespective of their religious or cultural backgrounds.
Elechi Amadi polytechnic fees is affordable going for less than N100,000. Elechi Amadi polytechnic doesn’t have accommodation facilities but however has a very conducive environment for learning
coupled with good library and well equipped computer laboratory/ ICT center.
Elechi Amadi polytechnic courses are in areas like Agricultural Science, Social Sciences, Engineering, Technology etc and the are fulltime programs awarding ND/HND degrees.
Rumuola, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria. About Port Harcourt Polytechnic.
Below is the wide range of official courses offered in Port-Harcourt Polytechnic:
List of Accredited Courses Offered in Port-Harcourt Polytechnic
The schools, institutes and polytechnic departments are as follows:
- Schools and institutes
- Business and Administration Studies
- Continuing Education (Institute)
- Engineering Technology
- Environmental Science
- Financial Studies
- Foundation and General Studies
- Information and Communication Technology
- Legal and Global Studies (Institute)
- Science and Technology
- Agricultural Technology
- Architectural Technology
- Building Technology
- Business Administration and Management
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology
- Foundation Studies
- General Studies
- Library and Information Science
- Mass Communication
- Office Technology and Management
- Public Administration
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Surveying and Geo-Informatics
- Urban and Regional Planning
Port-Harcourt Polytechnic ND Admission Entry Requirements.
- Candidates must meet Port-Harcourt Polytechnic cut-off mark and courses to be offered in order to be eligible for Post UTME examination and admission screening exercise.
- Candidates must possess at least 5 credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and Mathematics at GCE O’level, WASSCE, SSCE, NECO, NABTEB or approved equivalents at not more than two (2) Sittings.
- Applicants must be at least sixteen (16) year of age in the year of admission.
- satisfy Port-Harcourt Polytechnic department and faculty requirements before being admitted.
Port-Harcourt Polytechnic HND Admission Entry Requirements.
For a candidate to be considered for admission in the institution at HND level, the following basic requirements must be met;
- A prospective candidate for Higher National Diploma must possess at least a lower credit (CGPA) of 2.50 in National Diploma in relevant ND Programme.
- Applicant for the admission into Higher National Diploma programme must possess a National Diploma in the same programme with at least lower credit pass in the relevant programme of study and with at least, one year post-ND relevant industrial training experience.
- In addition to the above, a candidate must meet the admission requirement for the ND programme.
- In exceptional cases, candidates with pass grade and a minimum of two years post qualification experience in the specified field may be considered for admission.
- A minimum of twelve (12) months of supervised industrial experience,
- Must possess 5 credit passes in relevant O-Level subjects in not more than two sittings.
- A transcript is required for admission into all HND programs in the institution especially prospective candidates from other institutions.
Other Polytechnics’ Courses: