Members of the public are hereby informed that a Portfolio manager is needed for immediate employment at First Ally Capital. Interested candidates are free to apply.
Job Title: Portfolio Manager
- We are looking for a Portfolio Manager to manage Funds and Portfolios by identifying and executing investment opportunities by strategically allocating assets as guided by the trust deed with the aim of giving customers competitive returns on investment. Safe keeping and updating of customer records for usage and reference. Liaising with regulatory bodies and counter parties (SEC, trustees, custodians, registrars etc.)
- Daily tracking of Interest Income Accruals & Preparation of Portfolio report in-house
- Placements / Termination of Fixed income instruments (Treasury Bills, Fixed Deposits, Commercial Papers)
- Monitors asset allocation and implements re-balancing actions in accordance with the investment policy
- Preparation and Filing of Weekly, monthly and quarterly regulatory Reports (SEC returns)
- Maintaining Contacts and liaising with relevant parties to the funds– Trustees, Custodians, Registrars
- Liaising with Counter-parties to broker favourable investments for Mutual Funds
- Managed the firm’s yearly rating process, communicating with the rating agency and ensuring that all required documents are provided (Agusto & co.)
- Monitoring of Investment Performance and strategies to improve returns
- Supervise financial and investment information and investment recommendations for the purpose of income generation.
- Supervision of systems deployment and integration.
- Work cross-functionally with the sales team, Investment team, client Service and other stakeholders to create innovative Fund & Product solutions/models and build best-in-class clients’ experience, service and support.
- Ongoing assessment of investible markets, asset classes and securities (using top-down and bottom-up approaches) and maintenance of associated records
- Formulation and articulation of views on economics, markets and/or individual securities with a view to guiding the investment decision-making process.
- Perform detailed financial, product and trading analyses and build valuation models
- Trade execution
- Implementation of agreed investment strategies and action plans, and ensuring adherence to investment mandates and client profiles
- B.Sc in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered)
- CFA or ICAN
- Excellent product development and management skills
- Excellent customer relationship development/management
- Financial Markets Knowledge and Analysis
- Financial Analysis. /Business accountability
- Credit Risk Management/Credit Analysis
- Industry Knowledge
- Results/Action Orientation
- Presentation Skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Financial Planning/Budgeting & Forecasting
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2022.