Ascentech Services Limited is currently seeking applications from qualified applicants for the vacant position of a procurement coordinator. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Procurement Coordinator (Construction, Products and Chemical)
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Location: Victoria Island, Lagos State, Nigeria.
- Industry and Sector: Construction, Products and Chemical
- Reports to: Business Development Manager
- Department: Sales
Other jobs like this you might like:
- Principal Programmer at Admiralty University Of Nigeria (ADUN)
- Laboratory Assistant / Technician at Admiralty University Of Nigeria (ADUN)
- Engineer I at the Enugu State University Of Medical And Applied Sciences (SUMAS)
- Teacher at Wells International School
About Ascentech Services Limited
Ascentech Services Ltd is the most sought-after Human Resource Solution Provider with its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria. We have a reputation for satisfying and surpassing clients expectations through our three core offerings: Recruitment and Selection, Outsourcing, and Training and Development.
We offer a wide range of recruitment services through strategic talent acquisition & management procedures. Our aim is to attract, develop and deploy the best hands for various positions on behalf of our clients.
- To develop, implement and manage sourcing strategies in line with Company strategy to drive down cost without the jeopardy of quality and to strategically lead category management initiatives, procurement transaction and operational activities and deliver on sourcing saving targets and process improvements targets.
- Planning, directing and coordinating the activities of buyers in purchasing materials, products, and services and providing efficient purchasing and inventory control services and securing the company requirements of materials, equipments, consumables and services in convenient quality, price and timing from the best sources locally and/or internationally in accordance with approved systems and regulations, and consequently contribute in the company resources optimization.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Qualifications required to fulfil the Role:
- Degree in Supply Chain or Purchasing / Procurement.
Specific work experience, knowledge and skills required to fulfil the role
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a strategic sourcing or procurement related role.
- Assertive, well spoken with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal, relationship and people management skills.
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Customer focused
- An efficient and organised individual.
- Leadership skills / experience.
- Team player.
- Resilient, able to work under pressure, accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Responsible in dealing with company resources.
- Analytical thinking and using logic to address work-related issues.
- Knowledge of administration and management principles, including strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximising the effective manufacture and distribution of products
- Formal & informal meetings with senior management to help execute strategic objectives for the company22
- Understand the business strategy, the customers and our products to communicate and deploy the vision in a meaningful way into the department
- Give input on Supply Chain strategy
- Planning: medium to longer term
- Responsible for the development, documenting and implementing the Division’s comprehensive procurement process which will drive cost savings and profitability.
- Involvement in preparing the annual procurement budget, approval, implementation and control.
- Participating in the commercial development of the Business Unit by detecting needs, building the “best solution” with the manager, training the consultant team and the clients in your expertise area.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly reporting, and reviews in comparison to targets and budget.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, procedures and purchasing charter
- Ensure alignment of procurement department to ICRF.
- Liaise with, and locate, vendors of materials, equipment, consumables, or other supplies, and determine product availability, quality and terms of sale.
- Represent the company in negotiating contracts and formulating supplier agreements.
- Setting plans and strategies in place to secure the company requirements in suitable quality, suitable price, and suitable timing from the suitable sources.
- Keep record of, and set procedures in place on dealing with non-conformances.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials (technical data sheets?).
- Involved in the CAPEX tendering processing, sourcing suppliers and quotes, and ensure accuracy/appropriateness of products/services and pricing
- Maintain effective supplier relationships and evaluate/audit suppliers frequently and ensure alignment to Nigeria and Group policies
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Oversight and monitoring of open purchase requisitions which have not been converted to purchase orders, and/or receipted.
- Plan and implement and/or supervise and/or coordinate procurement (goods & services) whilst conforming to regulations and guidelines.
- Plan and implement the internal and external statutory law that affect procurement.
- Advice the Supply Chain Manager on all issues related to procurement and purchasing, and ensures transparency and accountability in all activities.
- Develop and maintain record of procurement requests, goods ordered and received, and generate status reports.
- Analyse market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
- Periodically evaluating the materials inventory levels and defining re-ordering points for different types of materials and consumables in accordance with consumption rates.
- Participation in stocktaking of company assets, materials and consumables, studying and analysing inventory levels, defining slow turn over types of materials and propose how to deal with these types on economical bases.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, payment concerns, and claims against suppliers.
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Engage cross-functionally, with production planner, demand planner, warehouse, product managers, R&D and other internal stakeholders to support, ensure alignment, and cooperation with projects.
- Suggesting and implementing standards and performance measurement tools for the department, evaluate current performance, and identify and implement improvement plans
- Determine and drive continuous improvement initiatives across the business.
- Utilise and manage shared services effectively to support business objectives.
Measurements: (Rand, Unit, People)
- Rand Measures: (Department budgets, operating costs controlled, sales revenue etc. State all figures on an annual basis for the current financial year
- Departmental Budget
- Cost Savings
- Unit Measures: – (Number of clients, Number of new clients, number of offer sent, number of projects) suppliers, products or any other scope measurements pertinent to this job.
- Internal Customer Service
- Supplier Management
- People Measures (List total number of subordinates or, if applicable, contractors, for which this position is responsible)
Major Challenges: (Creativities and Vulnerabilities) – Provide details of the major challenges and problems which need to be solved in this position. This does not refer to specific short-term problems but those aspects of the job a fully competent job holder would find most demanding on an ongoing basis.
- New and effective ways for Nigeria to improve profitability within our unique contexts
- Identify opportunities for growth and innovation with appropriate and manageable risk
- Sustainability and growth of the business
- Vulnerabilities (control span)
- Understand the market trends within the Tile Fixing environment, given the current economic environment in South Africa
- Flexibility and adaptability of SGCP systems
- Close relationship with SGCP Stakeholders
- Environment: Describe the environment or context in which the position is required to operate. Information can be provided on the nature of the product or service provided, market conditions or circumstances, the legal or professional environment or any organisation issues or challenges that impact on this position.
The person in this role needs to be known, first and foremost, for leading with integrity and helping to build an open and engaging culture based on trust, a sense of ownership and responsibility and respect.
- S/he will inspire his/her team and give meaning to their work through clear goals, empathy and promoting a culture of constructive feedback where people can express themselves safely
- S/he will focus on developing a deep understanding of customer needs and expectations and develop team and processes to deliver excellence in the customer experience.
- With a deep commitment to collaborative working, s/he will work in partnership across the organisation to set ambitious goals and deliver sustainable business success.
- Whilst demanding compliance and rigour in our management processes and control systems, s/he will have a risk-balanced approach to trying new things, promoting the ability to fail and learn quickly
- S/he will be solution oriented with a deep commitment to continuous improvement aligned with the needs of both our internal and external customers.
- Finally, with a strong sense of respect for others and the value that different perspectives can bring to an organisation, s/he will be deeply committed to diversity and inclusion to drive innovation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.