Suitably qualified applicants are welcome to Workforce Group for the vacant position of a Procurement Supervisor. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Procurement Supervisor
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Location: Lagos
Other jobs like this you might like:
At Workforce Group, we go beyond narrowly defined client issues, beyond conventional wisdom, beyond the expected, to create opportunities for our clients, candidates, colleagues, collaborators, and community.
Through a network of diversified but highly complementary lines of businesses we have helped some of the most important and exciting organizations on the continent find the critical talent, access cutting edge advice and get innovative support they require to grow in a challenging market.
We support businesses and organizations of varying size, structure and maturity across diverse sectors such as Technology, Telecoms, Oil & Gas, Financial Services, Third Sector, FMCG etc. to enhance business performance, optimise for growth and achieve exceptional results. Our ground-breaking Zone Tech Park offers startups and established companies that the cutting-edge facilities, technology and business expertise they need to break out and thrive.
Purpose of Job
- The Procurement Supervisor is responsible for the strategic sourcing of goods and services, supplier relationship management, team capability development, market intelligence and the entire supply chain management in the downstream business.
- The role leads in the conceptualization, design, development of procurement and service systems on ERP; develops strategies based on best practices, procedures and policies.
- The role is responsible for supply chain optimization and is expected to work with Executive Management in creating competitive value for the downstream business.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads the development and implementation of supply chain strategies working with executive management
- Leads the strategic direction for of the downstream procurement and services; establishes in conjunction with the downstream leadership team specific business goals and targets for cost savings and service delivery.
- Leads the development of cost savings and service delivery models strategy for sourcing in alignment with the business’s strategy,
- Provides cost for Capex, non-product, and non-human resource for downstream budgeting. Using spend
- management and sourcing decisions and strategy.
- Leads the development and implementation of inventory, logistics and warehouse management strategy across all regions.
- Leads the negotiation of contracts, KPIs and SLA for downstream business non-product transactions n ensuring risk mitigation and compliance to all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Leads the management of all vendors’ relationship globally for the downstream business. It requires high- level engagement of c-suite executives and networking.
- Leads the development of supply chain and warehouse management processes and procedures, leveraging on the technology and the business ERP, and in compliance to EHSSSQ polices and global sustainability practices.
- Builds the capability of Procurement staff through mentoring and training in order to sustain the business competitive advantage
- Builds market intelligence with professional in order to ensure value for all downstream transactions
- Leads the operational, financial, administrative, and technical operations of procurement and logistic transactions and implementation solutions on a daily basis.
- Lead the identification, development and evaluation of plans to support business and operational needs based on business requirements for all departments.
- Serves as a resource to all procurement teams regarding processes, procedures, systems and policies.
- Manages high value relationships with both internal and external contacts, and works to effectively eliminate challenges and ensure optimal delivery of services to the highest standards
- Networks with both local and international organisation to process ideas and solutions for achieving significant improvements in the quality of procurement services and customer satisfaction.
- Establishes operational procedures for all procurement and services activities
- Monitors supply and demand trends and ensures zero stock-out and effective utilisation of asset.
Academic Qualification & Work Experience
- First Degree in Engineering, Sciences or Social Science .
- 7 – 10 years’ post NYSC work experience, at least 3 years of leading a Procurement team within a reputable and structured organization (preferably an Oil and Gas multinational).
- Professional accreditation in Procurement .
- Certification in project management will also be preferred.
Competencies Required (Knowledge, Skills and Attributes):
- Oil and Gas Dynamics.
- Best Practices in Supply Chain Management
- Global sourcing and international business
- Organization and Management of Meetings
- ERP and IT knowledge
- Networking and Relationship Building
- Agreement Management
- Agreement Preparation
- Procurement Process Development
- Relationship Management
- Strategy Development
- Supplier Assessment
- Supplier Selection
- Vendor Management.
Jobs with no deadline specified: