Program Assistant (Trafficking in Person; Volunteer) at Care Best Initiative (CBI) – 2 slots available
This is a job opportunity with two openings available at Care Best Initiative (CBI) targeted towards interested individuals in Nigeria. Applicants are needed for the available position of a Program Assistant for Trafficking in Person (Volunteer). Please look through the full details of the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant – Trafficking in Person (Volunteer)
- Employment Type: Volunteer
- Qualification: Advanced Degree
- Work experience: 0 to 2 years
- Location: Bauchi, Nigeria
- Job Field: Not specified
- Duration: 6 months (Could be extended)
Other jobs like this you might like:
- Finance Assistant (Volunteer) at Care Best Initiative (CBI)
- Protection Assistant (Volunteer) at Care Best Initiative – 2 slots available
- Parts Admin Assistant at Perfection Motor Company Limited
- Marketing Executive at ProCloud Prostars Limited (PPL)
About Care Best Initiative (CBI)
Care Best Initiative (CBI) is a fast-growing, woman-led, and youth-driven Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in 2019 and presently operational in states within North-East, Nigeria. Our objectives are to save lives, alleviate the suffering of children, women, and other vulnerable people; and maintain human dignity during and in the aftermath of man-made crises and natural disasters; as well as to prevent and strengthen preparedness for the occurrence of such situations; and to promote the right of children, women and vulnerable people in the society. Our actions are multi-sectorial inclined, gender-sensitive, and socially inclusive.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Inception report, including detailed Work plan and methodology (training slides and participant workbook)
- Facilitate training, for key partners working with returned migrants to strengthen their capacity on different research methodologies, including conducting and implementation of KAP studies using standard approach.
- Conduct brainstorming session with team and other stakeholders to develop research questions, methodology, and data collection tools for operational research.
- Provide supervision to and coordinate trained partners to pilot the operational research tools developed;
- Analyze findings of pilot research and share draft report
- Share a final report incorporating feedback from the CBI project team.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Provide supervision to trained partners and NGOs to pilot the operational research tools developed. Also, with the analysis and report writing – Coordinate and supervise pilot research.
- Final report – Training report and the pilot Research report (including executive summary).
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced Degree in Social Sciences, Research, Statistics, Economics, and/or Monitoring and Evaluation
- 0 – 2 years or more of experience in conducting evaluations and large-scale qualitative and quantitative studies with international organizations focused on trafficking in persons and or/ smuggling of migrants.
- Demonstrated Knowledge/experience in developing training curriculum and facilitating trainings on research and conducting KAP studies.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting published migration related research, preferably on the prevention of trafficking in persons and smuggling of migrants
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Previous working experience in the West African region or Nigeria desirable.
- Computer proficiency, including with data analysis software MS Office Microsoft tools and ability to take notes/drafts and produce high-quality written reports.
- Motivated, committed, responsible, and able to work independently with limited direct supervision.
- General knowledge of issues pertaining to persons of concern to CBI and CBI’s protection mandate. Inter-personal and communication skills with team work attitude.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Flexibility to work in a diverse multicultural team Ability and willingness to work under tight deadlines and with fluid objectives – patience, flexibility and perseverance are key
- Strong coordination, communication and advocacy skills
- Understanding of programmatic reporting
- Understanding of protection, human rights and humanitarian principles
- Understanding of project design, management and implementation of field-based protection programs.
- Fluency in oral and written English; knowledge of multiple languages advantageous.
Jobs with no deadline specified:
Application Deadline: 21st July, 2022.
- By submitting your Application for this position, you agreed to CBI ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Care Best Initiative (CBI) provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment, and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Kindly attach additional certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in one PDF format, Cover Letter and CV together in one Word format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.