We are pleased to inform the genera public that there is a vacancy at Sun King formerly known as green Planet for the position of a programs manager. Interested applicants should stick to the end as there are important details as regards this job.
Sun King (Formerly Greenlight Planet) is a multinational, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 26 million people in more than 40 countries and have sold over 10.5 million products worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programs Manager
Employment Type: Permanent – Full Time
Department: EasyBuy Program Management
Job Description of a Programs Manager
- The Program Manager will work closely with the Operations and Sales teams to ensure seamless execution of processes in the field and to support any technical issues both on the hardware and software side of the field activities.
- They will also ensure a proper management of the logistics surrounding the Easy Buy business in the Country. This person will be travelling to the field (~50% of the time)
Responsibilities of a Programs Manager
What you would be expected to do:
- Coordination of EasyBuy related implementations primarily in the country of supervision and as well other countries outside the base
- Management and development of In-country program associates
- Spearheading the development of the team’s specializations and focus areas, including management of projects specifically related to the specialization:
- Data & reporting
- Driving achievement of the team’s aims and goals
- Manage specific projects and ensure proper implementation with a well-defined plan, documentation and timelines
- Ensure proper configurations of the CRM instances of the country
- Support expansion efforts in the country of residence by setting up and project managing the efforts related to the sales in a completely new AHQ
- Collaborate with different Units to ensure success of projects
You might be a strong candidate if you:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent
- 4 years of relevant work experience in a similar role is preferred, experience in Program or Project Management from similar industry, FMCG, financial institution etc.
- At least 2 years’ experience in managing a team with clear achievements of goals and satisfactory performance and demonstrated professional growth of the team managed.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Associate in Project Management, Program Management Professional (PgMP), IT related Certification or its equivalent will be an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with stakeholders with different working styles, priorities and communication styles
- Clear and straight to the point communication and cross-cultural communication skills with fluency in both written and spoken English
- Demonstrated excellent time management skills in terms of workload balancing and response time to queries of colleagues.
- Ability to evaluate prioritization of tasks and project on the go and work on high impact-low effort items first
- Problem solving ability and fix what’s broken mindset – strategic thinking, innovation, and action
- Excellent attention to details, you understand that the difference between an “Ok” and “Exceptional” job lies in how much you can spot and work on the important minute details of your tasks.
- Excellent issue-tracking and resolution skills over long periods of time
- Able to handle multiple tasks at the same time without errors and mistakes.
What We Offer (in addition to compensation and statutory benefits)
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast growing, high impact industry.
- The chance to work in an open minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with profound impact on the world.
- A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We place great importance on sustaining a diverse, inclusive work environment.
- We believe that diversity (of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, personality type, perspective, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different) enriches innovation and our competitiveness in the market.
- We strive to ensure diverse perspectives inform critical decisions, and we actively work towards ensuring all Greenlighters feel like they belong.
- We also know that sustaining an inclusive workplace requires conscious effort and is a continuous journey, not an end-state.
- Greenlight recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes individuals based on experiences and demonstrated job performance, regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/AIDS status, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.