Palladium Group is currently awaiting applications from qualified applicants in Nigeria. This opportunity is targeted towards individuals who are interested in the available position of a Project Driver.
This job is best suited for those trained in the field of transportation or logistics. Please look through the full details of the position below:
Job Title: Project Driver, Data.FI Nigeria
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Qualification: OND (Ordinary National Diploma)
- Work experience: 5 years
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: Transportation/Logistics
- Reference ID: req14606
Other jobs like this you might like:
- Financial Accounting Manager (FinTech/Unsecured Loans) at Black Pen Recruitment
- Team Lead (Middleware Management) at United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA)
- Team Member (Financial Reporting) at United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA)
About Palladium Group
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
Project Overview and Role
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response.
- Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance.
- By improving global, regional, national, and community/local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position
- To support project-related activities, Data.FI is currently seeking to employ the services of two Project Drivers to be based out of the Abuja project office.
- The Project Drivers will report to the Project Finance Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide reliable and safe driving services to program personnel as required.
- Develop networks in the places visited and in locations worked which will enhance the obtaining of up-to-date security and travel information
- Support in the delivery and collection of cargo/mail, documents, and other errands as directed by authorized program personnel in accordance with Palladium and Data.FI project guidelines.
- Assist the Project Operations Team with immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Ensure that assigned vehicles are clean, road-worthy, and compliant with USAID and Palladium International Ltd Operating Security Standards.
- Take care of the day-to-day maintenance of assigned vehicles, check oil, water, battery, breaks, tires, etc. as required to ensure the optimum performance of vehicles at all times.
- Report any mechanical faults in good time for repairs to be carried out and cross-check to ensure that all such repairs were done properly.
- Check vehicle conditions/requirements and fill trip log books properly, log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, etc. also ensure that all assigned program vehicles have up-to-date documentation including insurance and other required vehicle registration papers.
- Ensure that vehicles petrol tanks are always full prior to any field trips.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness about discussions that involve the program and its officials.
- Take proper measures to reduce potential threats to project staff or property within the immediate vicinity of vehicles and along transport routes.
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by law and by the Palladium International Ltd rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents or incidents.
- Support the program team by providing administrative and clerical support as required including in preparing, photocopying, collating, binding, filing, and distributing documents, mail, and notifications as requested.
- Provide general administrative and logistics support to the office and during events and meetings as required. Provide back-to-office reports from all trips which outline any challenges experienced and specifically note issues with the vehicle used, the accommodation in which the driver stayed, and the security issues during the journey.
- Maintain a B-grade score on driver training.
- A minimum of Ordinary National Diploma (OND) and ability to communicate fluently in English
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a similar position within an international development project
- Understanding of the mechanics of vehicles
- Valid Nigerian Driver’s license
- Demonstrable knowledge of Nigerian road networks
- Demonstrable knowledge of Nigerian driving codes and regulations
- Ability to drive and work long hours
- Attendance, within the last two years, at an internationally recognized defensive driving course with a good pass mark achieved; experience working at Palladium with attendant qualifications preferred
- Recent attendance at a first aid course desirable
- Recent attendance at a Hostile Environment Awareness Training course desirable.