Homeland Development Company is currently seeking for application from qualified applicants to fill the vacant position of Quantity Surveyor. interested and qualified applicants can apply via the details below
Homeland Development Company is a property development company with the aim to be Africa No1 real estate company that will always provide the highest number of affordable, decent, and comfortable homes while also achieving global housing standards. We are developers of The Venice, Sangotedo.
Other jobs like this you might like:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Employment Type: Full-time
- Develop and implement new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification
- Purchase goods or services that meet the quantity and quality expectations of the organization.
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing contracts with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Research new materials for design and cost savings
- Ensure that all subcontractors and suppliers provide insurance policies for products delivered
- Ensure awareness and company compliance to all building codes and local construction guidelines.
- Produce reports and statistics using computer software.
- Assist in maintaining company quality control program
- Leverage technology, safety measures, and information sharing to increase productivity and profitability
- Handle change order requests and forecast upcoming demand
- Manage materials/equipment inventory
- Maintain and implement construction preform/budget for each project
- Create scopes of work, forecast upcoming demand and assist in settling invoice or contract disputes, handle change order requests.
- Issue purchase orders for procurement and expedition of materials and equipment form jobs.
- Ensure compliance to project budgets and provide analysis of deviations, ensure accurate take-offs to ensure budgets are accurate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Survey and other related fields
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience in Quantity survey
- Sound knowledge of construction.
- Proficient in standard industry software
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- Strong maths knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Understanding of engineering science and technology.
- Knowledge of building and construction.
- Ability to use your initiativ
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to organize, plan and strategize.
Application Closing Date
12th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.