Ramat Polytechnic courses (All Departments). Are you looking for the list of courses offered at Ramat Poly?
The following is the list of available National Diploma & Higher National Diploma courses/programmes offered in Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri, Borno State that gained National Universities Commission (NUC) accreditation.
About Ramat Polytechnic Maiduguri
The Ramat Polytechnic Maiduguri was established as Government Technical College in January, 1973 by the defunct North-Eastern State Government.
The Technical College was upgraded and renamed Ramat College of Technology in April, 1978 by the then Borno State Government to immortalize the name of the late Head of State, General Murtala Ramat Muhammad.
In August 1979, it was again upgraded to the status of a Polytechnic in conformity with the Federal Government initiative to upgrade all Colleges of Technology in the country to Polytechnics.
The Polytechnic which is fully recognized by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) and the National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) has six Schools which consist of thirty five (35) Academic Departments.
The School system was introduced in 1982/1983 Academic Session with the following:
School of Agriculture, School of Engineering, School of Environmental Studies, School of Management, School of Vocation and Technical Education and School of General Studies.
The Polytechnic offers full and part-time courses of instruction and training leading to National Diploma (ND), Higher National Diploma (HND), Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE Tech and Bus) and other
Certificates of distinctions in Scientific, Technological, Management and Engineering courses for the intermediate level manpower requirements of the State and the nation in general.
In addition, Remedial Programmes are run in Sciences and science-related courses for a year in the Department of Remedial Studies in order to prepare students for National Diploma courses.
P.M.B 1070, Maiduguri Borno state, Nigeria
Below is the wide range of official courses offered in Ramat Polytechnic:
List of Accredited Courses Offered in Ramat Polytechnic
Agricultural Engineering / Technology
Animal Health And Production Technology
Business Administration and Management
Chemical Engineering Technology
Estate Mangement And Valuation
Local Government Studies
Mechanical Engineering Technology
Nutrition and Dietetics
Office Technology And Management
Science Laboratory Technology
Surveying and Geo-Informatics
Urban and Regional Planning
Ramat Polytechnic ND Admission Entry Requirements.
- Candidates must meet Ramat Polytechnic cut-off mark and courses to be offered in order to be eligible for Post UTME examination and admission screening exercise.
- Candidates must possess at least 5 credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and Mathematics at GCE O’level, WASSCE, SSCE, NECO, NABTEB or approved equivalents at not more than two (2) Sittings.
- Applicants must be at least sixteen (16) year of age in the year of admission.
- satisfy Ramat Polytechnic department and faculty requirements before being admitted.
Ramat Polytechnic HND Admission Entry Requirements.
For a candidate to be considered for admission in the institution at HND level, the following basic requirements must be met;
- A prospective candidate for Higher National Diploma must possess at least a lower credit (CGPA) of 2.50 in National Diploma in relevant ND Programme.
- Applicant for the admission into Higher National Diploma programme must possess a National Diploma in the same programme with at least lower credit pass in the relevant programme of study and with at least, one year post-ND relevant industrial training experience.
- In addition to the above, a candidate must meet the admission requirement for the ND programme.
- In exceptional cases, candidates with pass grade and a minimum of two years post qualification experience in the specified field may be considered for admission.
- A minimum of twelve (12) months of supervised industrial experience,
- Must possess 5 credit passes in relevant O-Level subjects in not more than two sittings.
- A transcript is required for admission into all HND programs in the institution especially prospective candidates from other institutions.
Other Polytechnics’ Courses: