Regional Control Officer at United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA) – 5 slots available
United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA) is currently awaiting applications from qualified applicants in Nigeria. This opportunity is targeted towards individuals who are interested in the available positions of a Regional Control Officer in five different states of Nigeria.
This job is best suited for those trained in the executive or management field. Please look through the full details of the position below:
Job Title: Regional Control Officer
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
- Qualification: Bachelor in Chartered Account qualification (ACA) or ACCA
- Work experience: 4 years
- Location: Abuja, Enugu, Rivers (Port Harcourt, Kano and Sokoto.
- Job Field: Executive/Management
Other jobs like this you might like:
- Financial Accounting Manager (FinTech/Unsecured Loans) at Black Pen Recruitment
- Team Lead (Middleware Management) at United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA)
- Team Member (Financial Reporting) at United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA)
About United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York.
From a single country organization founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
To ensure the business office operations are in line with the Bank’s internal policies, and regulatory policies.
- Assist business offices with compliance and regulatory issues, and provide counseling when required.
- Improve control and awareness culture in the business offices.
- Ensure that the ambience of the business office is maintained and kept customer-friendly at all times.
- Monitor and ensure that open items in the GL accounts are current and reflect the true nature of the products recorded in them.
- Ensure integrity of transactions in business offices, and report deviations/anomalies immediately.
- Identify control lapses/policy breaches through control activities for process improvement/policy amendments.
- Escalate cases of fraud, customer complaints, and staff disciplinary issues to the Area Control Manager, or responsible department.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and ACA or ACCA.
- Minimum of 4 years experience from a bank, audit, or consulting firm.
- We are looking for Regional Control Officers in Enugu, Port Harcourt, Abuja, Kano, and Sokoto.
- Our ideal candidates must have knowledge of financial accounting and audit with at least 4 years of experience from a bank, audit, or consulting firm.
- Supervisory, and Investigation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain a high level of awareness at all times.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Problem solver.
- Good knowledge of accounting and auditing.
- Basic financial knowledge.
- Knowledge of the banking sector, trends, and policies of financial regulators in Nigeria – CBN, NDIC.
- Knowledge of the UBA’s banking policies, processes, and procedures.
- Relationship management – should be able to maintain a customer-friendly disposition at all times.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity, and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.