Research Team Lead At Seven Star Consultants Limited (1 Position)
Seven Star Consultants Limited is currently in search of a well qualified personnel to fill the vacant position of a Research Team Lead. Interested persons are free t apply.
Seven Star Consultants Limited, incorporated in 2015 is a multi-faceted company with an unwavering commitment towards excellence and client satisfaction through the delivery of quality products and services. We offer a well rounded range of stand-alone and integrated services across various sectors.
Our services are grouped into four major categories: Project Management, Development, Communications and ICT. Seven Star Consultants Limited compromises of a team of experienced individuals who have completed high profile projects for Government at all tiers, International and local NGOs and private firms across all levels.
Job Title: Research Team Lead
Employment Type: Full-time
Working with the Research Team at Seven Star Consultants:
- Working with Seven Star’s Research Team will provide you with the opportunity to develop outstanding analytical, research and advisory skills, whilst gaining first-hand experience working on priority development challenges and opportunities in countries across Africa. Seven Star offers:
- The opportunity to work with a highly skilled, diverse and united team of people
- A youthful and dynamic environment, that constantly focuses on learning and innovation.
- A company dedicated to ensuring growth and personal development for all its staff.
- A chance to make a difference on relevant policy and development issues across the continent.
- Manage a team of research consultants.
- Develop project and grant proposals and pro-actively seek independent research
- Clean and analyze qualitative and quantitative data using statistical software such as STATA or R.
- Conduct qualitative interviews, including semi-structured interviews and moderate focus group discussions.
- Develop research design, including the development and piloting of research tools.
- Supervise data collection to ensure that the highest data quality standards are met.
- Manage project budget, including tracking project expenses and adherence to the project budget.
- Write project/activity reports.
- Oversee the achievement of project timelines and targets.
- Ensure synchronization with other program teams in the organization.
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Public Policy, International Development, Statistics, Public Health, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of work experience in international development, public policy, economic and social research, or management consulting.
- Multi-sectoral experience in any of the Humanitarian or Development sectors (e.g. Conflict resolution, WASH, food security, health, education, gender and inclusion, early warning system, and agriculture).
- Strong statistical analysis skills and knowledge of related tools/software (in particular Microsoft Excel, and R or Stata).
- Excellent oral and written communication in English (French, or Hausa would be a plus).
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Experience living and working in different cultures; time spent in sub-Saharan Africa or other developing countries strongly preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, independent, and must be a motivated self-starter who will thrive by taking ownership and initiative.
- Ideal candidates should be passionate about research and international development.
- They must possess a minimum of a master’s degree related to economics, international development, public policy or statistics and some relevant professional experience.
- They must be willing to develop their professional skills and contribute to the growth of an organization dedicated to social and economic development.
- They should have outstanding technical and analytical skills, are proficient communicators in English, have excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, and are self-motivating and team players.
- English, French or any Local language (a plus)
- Strong qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills
Competitive with similar roles in other social enterprises and research firms.
Application Closing Date
1st August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover Letter and two writing samples (Reports / Publications) not exceeding 3MB in size to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Research Team Lead” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis so we encourage you to apply at the earliest possible time.
For more job updates and recommendations, visit mextechy.com.ng