The below information is to enhance a better knowledge to the entire public about the Rivers State University (RSU). . All the necessary information needed are given so I advise you to stick to this post as it will be of great benefit.
The aim is to ensure that those who are interested in this piece of information will be very much updated on all that is needed and necessary to know.
Below are accredited Courses offered in RSU
- ADULT AND COMMUNITY EDUCATION
- AGRIC EXTENSION AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
- AGRIC-ECONOMICS AND EXTENSION
- AGRICULTURAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING
- AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND EDUCATION
- ANIMAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL BIOLOGY
- ANIMAL SCIENCE
- APPLIED BIOLOGY
- BANKING AND FINANCE
- BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
- BUSINESS EDUCATION
- BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- CHEMICAL/PETROCHEMICAL ENGINEERING
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- CRIMINOLOGY AND PENOLOGY
- CROP SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND CHEMISTRY
- EDUCATION AND MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION AND PHYSICS
- EDUCATION AND SCIENCE
- EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND PLANNING
- ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
- ESTATE MANAGEMENT
- FISHERIES MANAGEMENT
- FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- FORESTRY / FOREST RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- HOME SCIENCE AND MANAGEMENT
- LAND SURVEYING
- LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- MARINE ENGINEERING
- MASS COMMUNICATION
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE
- OFFICE AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
- PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
- PLANT SCIENCE AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
- SOIL SCIENCE
- TECHNICAL EDUCATION
- URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING
RSU Admission Requirements
The following are the admission requirements to study in RSUST.
Therefore, the candidate must;
- firstly, choose Rivers State University as the first choice of institution before any other consideration
- be at least 16 years of age at the time of application of the scholarship
- have at least five (5) credit passes in SSCE or its equivalent in not more than two (2) sittings.
- score at least 180 in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Board Exam (UTME)
- have an acceptable/reasonable score in the post UTME screening exam conducted by the school
Admissions into the B.Tech. (Chemical and Petrochemical Engineering) programme are through the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB). Candidates are required to satisfy both the University and the Departmental/Faculty requirements.
- Admission through Joint Matriculation Examination (JME) School Certificate/GCE ‘O’ level/SSC/NECO with at least Credit passes in 5 appropriate subjects including English Language obtained in not more than 2 sittings. (Such candidates shall be admitted into year I of the degree programme).
- Admission by Direct Entry
- Admission to Year IIAt least two (2) “A” level passes at GCE or its equivalent in the relevant subjects. Candidates must also have at least three (3) credits level passes at SC/GCE ‘O’ Level papers including English Language;HSC/GCE ‘A’ Level passes in three (3) relevant subjects plus SC/GCE ‘O’Level credit.passes (including English Language) and two (2) other subjects at not more than (2) sittings.Holders of OND/ND, U.D. Certificates (UPPER CREDIT) are eligible for admission to Year II of the relevant degree programme, provided that such candidates also satisfy the requirements for admission through J.M.E.
- Admission to Year IIIHolders of HND are eligible for admission to year III of the relevant degree programme, provided that such candidates also satisfy the requirements for admission through J.M.E.
Accommodation Fees = N 40,000.00 for NDDC hostel and N 30,000 for others (This is optional and payable only by students allocated bed spaces).
Acceptance Fee (Fresh Students) = N 39,150.00
Medical Exam (Fresh Students) = N 8,500.00
Cert. Verification Fee (Fresh Students) = N 15,550.00
Medical Insurance (TSHIP) = N 2,000.00
Sports Fee = N 5,000.00
Professional Development Fee (as applicable in the Faculty/Department)
Faculty/Department/Association Dues = N5,000.00
Student Union Dues
Fresh Students = N 2,500.00
Returning Students = N 1,500.00