This is to inform the general public of yet another opportunity to get a good and reliable job in Lagos. JMG Limited is currently seeking for a qualified applicant who can fill in the available position of a Senior Credit Control Officer II in the organization. This is a full time job where you report to the Credit Control Manager.
About the Organization
JMG Limited is a diversified solution provider with a broad portfolio in power generation, electrical infrastructures, and industrial equipment. With over 10 years of experience in Africa and strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands (CATERPILLAR INC, MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES, LEGRAND, GE LIGHTING, KAESER COMPRESSORS, THYSSENKRUPP), JMG combines global technologies and regional expertise to fulfill the development needs of the African market.
We are seeking competent, self motivated, hardworking and result driven professional to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Senior Credit Control Officer II
- Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Reports to: Credit Control Manager
Other jobs like this you might like:
- Technical Manager for Home Appliances at JMG Limited
- Driver at JMG Limited (Victoria Island & Lekki)
- BSc / BA in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent.
- 1 – 3 years experience for Officer level and 4 – 7 years of experience for Sr. Officer Level.
- Relevant experience in credit and collections is a must.
- Candidates with FMCG and Manufacturing Industrial Experience are advised to apply.
- Check customer’s credit and debt situation and decide existing clients credit worthiness status
- Promptly send and follow up invoices to clients for payment
- Check dummy account for payment from key clients.
- Prompt allocation of payments to invoices in ERP system
- Check system invoices against Purchase Order.
- Maintain and implement the company’s credit policies and procedures.
- Prompt collection of debt within the agreed credit period.
- Ensure monthly deadlines are met as required.
- Ensure customers pay on time and follow up any overdue invoices through sending letters, personal visits, phone calls, emails or other medium.
- Collect outstanding debts from clients and achieve collection target to ensure positive cash flow and maintain accurate records of all chasing activity.
- Reduce bad debt with the aim to reduce it to the lowest minimum.
- Reconcile Yearly Service Agreement and Renewal of Yearly Service Agreement trade debtors’ maintenance accounts.
- Ensure balance payment on Yearly Service Agreement and Renewal of Yearly Service Agreement are received as and when due.
- Undertake client accounts’ reconciliations as required.
- Respond promptly and completely to both clients and internal enquiries and ensure clients pay on time and negotiate re-payment plans after getting the approval from National Credit Controller
- Ensure that all transactions are compliant with Company’s policies and procedures.
- Prompt Identification and correction of errors or mistakes on any client’s account.
- Prepare weekly reports on Budgeted collection.
- Provide ad-hoc trade debtor positions reporting as and when requested by Supervisor/National Credit Controller
- Liaise with Sales Managers on issues affecting their Accounts.
- Verify invoices from stores and prepare Manual -formal invoices for clients to suit LPO/Award Letter.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by immediate Supervisor or NCCM
- Take up IMS responsibilities such as reporting unsafe act, condition, or procedure in the workplace, participating in fire or emergency drill at work, participating in incident reporting and investigation when necessary and adherence to Company policies.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Closing Date: 12th April, 2022.
For more information about JMG Limited, you may visit the official website through the following link: https://www.jmglimited.com/