Senior Engineer, IOT Digital Services at 9mobile Nigeria
Senior Engineer, IOT & Digital Services at 9mobile Nigeria
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007.
The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services;
International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the We are recruiting to fill the position below: position below:
Read also: Head of Banking Operations at Airtel Nigeria
Job Title: Senior Engineer, IOT & Digital Services
Job ID: IRC4594
Location: Lagos, NG
Senior Engineer Job Summary
- Provide support for end to end innovative and optimal solution architecture for IoT (Internet of Things) & New Services requests ranging from IPTV, SDN/NFV,5G, MEC, Unified Communications, Cloud services, etc.
Senior Engineer Principal Functions
- Participate in the enterprise sales cycle for IoT & new services to gather customer business needs and define technical requirements.
- Responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end IoT & new services solutions for customers based on their specifications and business needs.
- Ensure the solution portfolio/product offerings fit into the IoT & new services network architecture in terms of technology infrastructure
- Conceive, design and implement end-to-end IoT solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes;
investigating problem areas; Demonstrate the ability to resolve key project hurdles and assumptions by effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise.
- Apply technical expertise to find creative solutions based upon emerging IoT technologies and industry trends
- Leverage IoT subject matter/ industry expertise and in-depth knowledge of client’s IoT environment to define IoT solutions
- Design IoT solutions with AWS, Azure, GCP and client cloud environments, data storage and IoT components using event driven data.
- Translate customer requirements into integrated solutions
- Provide vertical applications development including device communication/data/management, wireless connectivity, and secure web applications to connect machines with bilateral device communications.
- Experience in IoT Connectivity Protocols (Cellular – 2/3/4G, NFC, LoRaWan, Wi-Fi, MQTT, AMQP, Zigbee, Bluetooth, Web-socket, etc.)
- Exposure to real-time embedded systems, IoT Verticals (IoT connected devices, mobile technology platforms, consumer electronics, computing peripherals)
- Experience with Azure IoT stack like IoT Central, IoT Hub, DPS, Azure Edge run time
- Programming experience with Java, C,C++, Python and some embedded OS such as RTOS
- IoT solutions experience including knowledge of IoT architecture, technical framework, devices, ecosystems and implementation
- Ability to create detailed documents outlining IoT & new services solutions, benefits, and costs for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Develop detailed and accurate Statements of Work that allow 9mobile Nigeria to successfully implement the solutions.
- Interface with customers and Sales staff to architect IoT & new services solution based on a variety of criteria including technical requirements, business objectives, and functionality while setting proper expectations.
- Provide network design and routing for Cloud, IoT & New services
- Work with cross functional teams on seamless design and implementation of project scope
- Responsible for providing detailed design and documentation of proposed technical solutions.
Read also: Graphics Designer at NauNau SOS
- Bachelor’s Degree(BS) in Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science or a Science technical discipline. Master’s degree (MS or MBA) preferred.
- Experience in IoT solution architecture with 5 years of experience within telecom networks, alongside IT infrastructure.
- Prior experience in a technical role within a services organization.
- Experience in one or more specific IoT / embedded / M2M industry (i.e., home automation, business automation, health wearables, asset tracking, smart utilities, etc.)
- Experienced in developing connected products and implementing data solutions which interface to management systems on the edge or in the cloud;
and which solve customer problems, improve efficiency, save time and/or money.
- Understanding of emerging IoT and Mobile technologies and communications protocols.
- Project Management Certification will be an added advantage (Prince 2 or PMP)
- Azure and/or AWS knowledge: 5 years (Required)
- IOT: 5 years(Required)
- Programming with Java, C, C++, Python: 5 years (Preferred)
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Visio)
- Logical decision-making abilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects within the established scope, budget and timeline.
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal Skill
- Project Management
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Growth Mindset
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer Focus
Read also: Investment Mobilizer at Oxford Zest
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online