Cavista is currently seeking applications from qualified applicants for the vacant position of a Senior Linux System Engineer. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Senior Linux System Engineer
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Location: Lagos (Ilupeju), Nigeria
Other jobs like this you might like:
Cavista provides an open and collaborative work environment that cultivates excellence and innovation. We believe in maintaining a stable work-life balance that enables us to do our best work while fulfilling family responsibilities. Our open-door policies and processes align with our inclusive culture and empower Cavistans to share ideas openly. At Cavista, everyone’s ideas are valued, and we operate under the mantra “may the best idea win.”
Who We are Looking for:
- A motivated and technically savvy Senior Linux System Engineer who is adept at designing, installing and configuring Linux servers, storage arrays, communications networks and performing system integration, testing and operational support.
- The ideal person enjoys solving challenging problems in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment.
What You Will Do
- Install, configure and security harden Oracle Linux and equivalent
- Setup database connectivity to MySQL Server
- Install and setup (ELK) Clusters
- Install and configure Redis and RedisCluster
- Install and configure Nginx.
- Install and configure Consul
- Deploy and configure software on application servers.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience with a multitude of relevant certifications
- 7+ years of experience working as a Linux Engineer
- Experience managing Linux resources
- Comfortable with proxying, load balancing, sticky sessions
- SQL skills
- Experience with a variety of OS tools and utilities for managing, monitoring and troubleshooting Linux infrastructure and networks.
- <20% local travel may be required
- Available in a 24×7 on-call rotation.
- We offer a competitive compensation package (DOE), benefits and growth opportunities for everyone who joins Cavista.
Cavista offers even more:
- Competitive Compensation
- 5 – day workweek
- Casual Friday, Everyday
- 20 PTO (Paid-Time-Off) Days + Holidays + Birthdays off
- Competitive Health Insurance (Employee + Spouse + 4 children)
- Accidental and Disability Benefit
- Retirement Benefit – Pensions
- Wellness Programs
- Game On! PS, Pool, Chess and more
- Genuine respect for work-life balance
- Employee Training Programs
- Professional Development for Career Growth
- Remote working and IT Assets provided for Remote employees
- Mentoring and Counseling
- Referral Bonus
- Work from Anywhere – Flexibility that allows you to work where you are most comfortable, whether at home, at work, or a combination of both
- Respect and Collaborative team environment
- And so much more
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.