Senior Software Engineer at United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA) is currently awaiting applications from qualified applicants in Lagos state, Nigeria. This opportunity is targeted towards individuals who are interested in the available position of a Senior Software Engineer.
This job is best suited for those who are good in the field of internet or software. Please look through the full details of the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
- Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
- Qualification: Bachelor’s degree (Optional: Master degree)
- Work experience: 7 years
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Job Field: Internet/Software
Other jobs like this you might like from Frigoglass Limited:
- Financial Accounting Manager (FinTech/Unsecured Loans) at Black Pen Recruitment
- Team Lead (Middleware Management) at United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA)
- Team Member (Financial Reporting) at United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA)
About United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York.
From a single country organization founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
To provide managerial support to various development processes and teams, designing and building scalable and robust solutions in large web application deployments.
- Develop and implement IT standards and procedures to aid in the development of high-quality software.
- Ensure that members within the team understand and follow existing IT standards.
- Encourage full participation of team members within their defined roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure that the iterative development process is properly focused and controlled.
- Ensure that projects are accurately estimated and delivered to schedule.
- Monitor progress on a day-to-day basis for all team activities.
- Actively contribute to the process of continual improvement, with regard to self, team and systems.
- Ensure policies on business continuity are strictly adhered to
- Ensure proper documentation and source code management and also easy retrieval when required.
- Ensure proper handover of developed software to support team for deployment and production support.
- Must be on top of technology stack and learn the latest developments and techniques, as well as broader industry-wide trends.
- Drive and sponsor innovation in the teamwork.
- Build team spirit and desire to experiment and try new things and unconventional solutions.
- Build creative solutions adopting cutting edge technologies.
- Manage and drive third-level support with teams.
- Provide support to third parties solutions onboarding and management
- Drive good work culture, team responsiveness and healthy work balance.
- Facilitate team education & knowledge transfer by training and knowledge sharing sessions.
- Imbibe emotional intelligence skills and adequately apply them where necessary.
- Drive interview and selection process and recommend suitably qualified candidates for consideration and final appointment by the authorised official.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM-related field
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience.
- Our ideal candidate must have established work experience managing development processes and teams end to end, and has a good working knowledge of design patterns, solution/service-oriented architecture, API management and micro-services architecture.
- Has extensive knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), experience in designing and building scalable and robust solutions in large web application deployments, a leader, collaborator and highly resourceful.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Possess a good knowledge of design patterns, solution/service-oriented architecture, API management and micro-services architecture.
- Possess a good knowledge of diverse development domains – languages, frameworks (ORM, Entity, Hibernate), utility and development environments.
- Possess a good knowledge of continuous integration and deployment.
- Good knowledge of solution risk assessment, security considerations, authentication and authorization best practices.
- Good knowledge of project management, work breakdown structure, execution, reporting and project governance.
- Ability to implement long-term and short-term technology plans, budgets and programs that support and align with the strategic objectives and the goals of the business lines, while maximizing the mix of in-house versus outsourced solutions and vendors.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.