Senior Software Engineer (Backend) At The People Practice
A senior software engineer is needed at The People Practice for immediate employment. Interested persons are free to apply for this vacant position.
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Also See: Management Accountant at the Place (Smackers Limited)
HR & Administration Officer at Emsley Oil & Gas Limited
Web Developer at Moore Advice Limited
- Our client is looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer who is skilled at writing complex applications, has a deep understanding of application lifecycles, databases and services.
- As an Intermediate Software Engineer, you will be responsible for using your knowledge of technology to drive the company’s ability to deliver value and results to the company’s internal and external stakeholders.
- Competent in performing all programming and development assignments without close supervision
- Works with Design, UX, and Product Manager to ensure an optimal and consistent user experience.
- Defines and sets a project’s roadmap to include planning for integration of new technology, ownership of code libraries, and backlog of technical tasks
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Serves as an ambassador for development and a champion of quality standards while spreading a passion for current technology and new trends
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Participates as an active team member of daily standups and other agile-focused efforts, including joining sprint planning meetings and estimating work effort on tasks assigned to the entire team.
- Supports the Technology team with developing a structured application/interface code, new program documentation, operations documentation and user guides in a casual, flexible environment.
- Communicates with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness.
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by the management from time to time.
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university
- Has 5-10 years of experience working as a Software Engineer
- Expert level understanding of at least one the following back end languages: Java; PHP/Laravel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud hosting platform
- Proven ability to problem-solve and de-bug
- Has a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English; verbal and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Competency working/deploying projects with a source control tool; GIT preferred.
Application Closing Date
28th July, 2022.
For more job updates and recommendations, visit mextechy.com.ng