Canonical Nigeria is currently looking for a senior software engineer for immediate employment. Interested persons are expected to apply. Kindly go through the full details of this position below.
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer – Python / Golang – Kubernetes
Location: Lagos (Remote)
- This is an exciting opportunity for a software engineer passionate about open source software, Linux, Python, Golang and Kubernetes. Come build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Canonical, the growing international software company behind Ubuntu.
- As a member of the Kubernetes product team, you will build the operators and addons; the former, offering complete lifecycle management of mission-critical components, and the latter, a zero-ops experience for seamlessly integrating projects into your Kubernetes.
- You will bring Kubernetes to a wide range of use cases across public, private, and hybrid clouds. The Canonical Kubernetes Software Engineer is a developer with a passion for providing the best Kubernetes experience for any use case.
- On the Kubernetes team, you will gain familiarity with the latest features in Kubernetes and look to incorporate the best of open-source to bring functionality to our end-users. You will collaborate with industry peers and partners to bring the right solutions to our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team
- Write high-quality code to create new features
- Debug issues and interact with a vibrant community
- Work with helpful and talented engineers including experts in many fields
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
- Work from home with global travel 2 to 4 weeks for internal and external events
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or a similar Degree
- You love technology and working with brilliant people
- You have interest and experience with Kubernetes
- You are a python programmer with interest or experience in golang
Application Closing Date
Note: We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.