Senior Technical Officer (Total Quality Leadership and Accountability) at Family Health International (FHI 360) – 2 slots available
Family Health International (FHI 360) is currently seeking for a suitably qualified applicant to take the vacant position of an Senior Technical Officer. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Location: Ebonyi and Anambra
- Requisition: 2022201678
- Supervisor: Senior Technical Advisor, SI/M&E GHPN
About Family Health International (FHI 360)
FHI 360 is a global family of more than 4,000 professionals joined together by common values — innovation, mutual respect, passion, accountability, commitment to excellence and teamwork. Explore the ways we partner to create opportunities for greater sustainability and impact.
- The Senior Technical Officer (STO), Total Quality Leadership and Accountability (TQLA), participates in the provision of technical assistance aimed at the use of evidence (data) to respond to the needs of the project, deploy the TQLA approach to prioritize local solutions to address local challenges, and improve performance outcomes, across the key population (KP) and general population programs.
- The STO TQLA will supervise and utilize large data sets to find opportunities for improving program implementation, strategy optimization, and provide data-driven feedback to both the Government of Nigeria and the donor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate and engage with stakeholders including subrecipient (SR) Project Leadership, state ministries of health and SR staff.
- Lead participatory priority needs setting, planning and activity scheduling with key SR staff and health workers.
- Lead mentorship of SR staff and health workers on TQLA approaches.
- Support the provision of technical and adaptive management support to HIV program managers and providers on data use, transparency, mutual accountability, and implementation fidelity.
- Conduct needs based, targeted technical assistance including continuous mentorship of multi-level managers in assigned SRs on TQLA, promoting data utilization for daily course correction and adaptive management.
- Support daily SRMs – mainstreaming of data from all beneficiary populations
- Engage the community in community-led approaches
- Support the scale up of proven and evidence based technical strategies including differentiated service delivery models that will contribute to achieving the project’s purpose.
- Coordinate with other stakeholders working on the project.
- Represent FHI 360 to stakeholders.
- Prepare reports and work participatorily on the TQLA documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically, across Global Fund and PEPFAR donor requirements.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on innovation design and strategic frameworks using technology.
- Knowledge on data utilization through use of dashboards to identify bottlenecks for real time course correction and adaptive management.
- Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for KP, general population and other Global Health Initiatives.
- Knowledge of Nigerian community and clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political, and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Well-developed report writing skills
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Qualifications and Requirements
- PH. D Degree in Public Health, Health Information System, Demography, Statistics, or related field, with emphasis on quantitative analysis, with 1 to 3 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for HIV, Key Population, and other Global Health Initiatives.
- Or MPH or MS/MA in Public Health, Health Information System, Demography, Statistics, or relevant degree with 3 to 5 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for HIV, Key Population, and other Global Health Initiatives.
- Or BS/BA in Statistics, Pharmacy, Microbiology, Monitoring, and Evaluation or in relevant degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation for HIV, Key Population, and other Global Health Initiatives.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public and private sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance.
- This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
- This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
- FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
- Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others – and yourself.