We would like to introduce you to a great opportunity to get a management-related job in Lagos. PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc is currently seeking for qualified applicants who can fill in the available position of SHE Manager in the organization.
This full time job is best suited for those in the Executive and Management department. PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc is looking for highly competent, experienced, motivated, and results-oriented individuals to fill the vacancy below:
- Job Title: SHE Manager
- Job Code: JR000091
- Location: Ikorodu Factory
Other jobs like this you might like:
- Technical Manager for Home Appliances at JMG Limited
- Senior Credit Control Officer II At JMG Limited
- Refrigerator/AC Technician At JMG Limited
- TeamAce Limited: Public/Community Relations Officer
- Picking Supervisors at TradeDepot (Five openings)
About the Organization
PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc operates internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks in PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
- Conduct pre-operational risk assessments and risk mitigation measures
- Implement all the required documentation, operational checks and reports for the HSE Management System to be compliant with ISO 45001-2018 and ISO 14001/ 2004 standards, including corrective and preventive measures.
- Support the Safety stewards in executing continuous audits according to schedule
- Provide SHE improvement proposals stating the non-conformance, proposed corrective action, required resources for corrective action and implementation.
- Investigate the root cause SHE complaints put forward by staff members, customers, clients and contractors and report the result to the SHE manager.
- Follows up to ensure that corrective actions are implemented where necessary and ensures that any certification requirements are complied with.
- Audit work being performed with issued ”Work Permit”
- Assist with the implementation of Job Safety Analysis and inspect job site activities during particularly difficult or hazardous work situations;
- Assist local management in the preparation & presentation of field HSE meetings
- Participate in the investigation of accidents and near misses;
- Assist regular emergency response exercises and drills are conducted to ensure the highest level of preparedness in any emergency. Maintains records of such drills, providing recommendations for emergency response improvements
- Inspects regularly, all firefighting, safety and emergency response equipment.
- Assist in developing and implementing field location emergency response procedures and evacuation plans
- Ensure that operations employees, contractors and site visitors receive HSE inductions
- Assist in preparing written weekly and monthly HSE reports, statistics and presentations related to HSE performance
- Coordinate food safety activities for SHE department such as Documentation and record management; Conduct Internal and external Audits; Training and awareness on food safety; And any other food safety related duties as may be directed by Food safety team leader or SHE/TPM manager.
- To ensure compliance with relevant QMS policies & procedures.
- To identify and rate aspects of SHE activities and develop programs where necessary, to help control those aspects of SHE activities that could have adverse impact on the environment.
EMS, OH&S and FSSC Responsibilities:
- Implement and comply with EMS/FSSC/OHS requirements relating to environmental aspects and impacts and other policies, procedures and /or regulations applicable to assigned jobs
- Understand and apply the intent of the EMS/FSSC/OHS policy and requirements to assigned jobs
- Understand roles, responsibilities, and the importance of conformity to the EMS/FSSC/OHS requirements.
- Understand the significant environmental aspects and related actual or potential impacts associated with their work, and the environmental benefits of improved personal performance
- Understand the potential consequences of departure from specified OHS procedures or legal requirements.
- Ensure prompt escalation (adequate communication) of any food safety related issues to any FSTM, FSTL and or next line of reporting manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed
- Possess a University Degree in a Science related discipline, Engineering or any other numerate discipline.
- 1 – 3 years’ work experience safety management
- Detailed knowledge of the SHE procedures.
- Must be computer literate (ms-word, Ms-excel, access)
- Experience in SHE and manufacturing.
Job Context & Special Features:
- Ability to take decision decisively and Good sense of judgment.
- Ability to grasp complex concepts easily.
- Pay attention to minute detail.
- Excellent planning, negotiating, and organizing skills.
- Great physical health.
- Ability to motivate co-workers, colleagues and others.
- Ability to display self-confidence
- Ability to operate in a systematic and logical manner.
Application Closing Date: April 10, 2022