Shift Engineer (Electrical and Instrumentation) At West African Soy Industries Limited (WASIL)
Suitably qualified and interested applicants are welcome to West African Soy Industries Limited (WASIL) for the vacant position of a Shift Engineer (Electrical and Instrumentation). Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Shift Engineer (Electrical & Instrumentation)
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Location: Sagamu, Ogun
- Department: Technical Services
Other jobs like this you might like:
About West African Soy Industries Limited (WASIL)
West African Soy Industries Limited (WASIL) operates one of Africa’s largest specialized oils and fats processing complexes. The manufacturing facility is located in Sagamu, Ogun State, Nigeria, with raw materials sourced from farmers in Kaduna, Kastina, Niger, and other states across Nigeria.
The Company is active in the Soy value chain through its out-grower farming activities by providing high-quality agri-inputs to farmers and procuring farm produce from them through off-take arrangements. We educate the farmers on Yield Enhancement Techniques (YET) to improve their crop yield, and train women on best practices in Shea collection and primary processing.
- Ensures optimized equipment performance for all field instruments (Sensors, Transmitters, Flowmeter, Control Valves, Motors and Drives, etc.) by maintaining and improving equipment, line electrical & automation controls.
- Drives innovation and improvement.
- Manages people and resources to ensure uncompromised safety, availability and quality, and minimize the impact of the activities on the environment.
- Upskilling, training and development of electrical, Instrumentation and automation technicians.
- Coordinates and ensures successful implementation of process optimization (modifications) projects.
- Ensure data are used or processed for the purpose set for such data and ensure absolute confidentiality while processing or using personal data. Get the consent of the data subject before collecting, processing, and using data.
- B.Sc or HND Electrical Engineering
- 6-10 years of working experience in the field of Electrical & Automation
- Good knowledge of circuit troubleshooting via electrical diagrams, ladder diagrams, pneumatic diagrams, etc.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations where limited standardization exists
- Strong electrical design and debugging skills
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to formulate and document a high-level plan with input from many functional groups.
- Experience with embedded controllers, I/O handling systems and PLCs
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests
- Good hands-on experience in Siemens and Allen Bradley PLCs programming and surfing.
- Good knowledge of SCADA and HMI units.
- Versatile in PLC systems (Siemen, Allen Bradley) VSD and VFD
- Records and reports maintenance on day to day basis.
Jobs with no deadline specified:
- Working knowledge of applicable HSE regulations
- Managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent reasoning and decision-making ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.