Shift Engineer (Mechanical) at West African Soy Industries Limited (WASIL)
Suitably qualified and interested applicants are welcome to West African Soy Industries Limited (WASIL) for the vacant position of a Shift Engineer. Check below for the full details of the position:
Job Title: Shift Engineer (Mechanical)
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Location: Sagamu, Ogun
- Department: Technical Services
Other jobs like this you might like:
About West African Soy Industries Limited (WASIL)
West African Soy Industries Limited (WASIL) operates one of Africa’s largest specialized oils and fats processing complexes. The manufacturing facility is located in Sagamu, Ogun State, Nigeria, with raw materials sourced from farmers in Kaduna, Kastina, Niger, and other states across Nigeria.
The Company is active in the Soy value chain through its out-grower farming activities by providing high-quality agri-inputs to farmers and procuring farm produce from them through off-take arrangements. We educate the farmers on Yield Enhancement Techniques (YET) to improve their crop yield, and train women on best practices in Shea collection and primary processing.
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance
- Organizing routine servicing schedules
- Allocating work to a team of fitters
- Checking and calibrating instruments to make sure they are accurate
- Diagnosing faults & Fixing of new parts.
- Carrying out quality inspections
- Responding immediately to equipment breakdowns
- Fixing faults or arranging for replacements to be installed
- Keeping production managers informed of progress
- Creating maintenance procedures
- Managing stocks of supplies and equipment
- Supervising engineering and technical staff
- Obtaining specialist components, fixtures or fittings
- Managing budgets
- Maintaining statistical and financial records
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Strictly adhere and conform to all QMS standard.
- Ensure data are used or processed for the purpose set for such data and ensure absolute confidentiality while processing or using personal data. Get the consent of the data subject before collecting, processing, and using data
- B.Tech or HND in Mechanical Engineering
- 6-10 years of working experience in the field of Manufacturing, and process companies such as food and drink manufacturers
- Records maintenance
- Ability to plan, develop and coordinate multiple projects.
- Leadership skill
- Communication skills
- Team player
- Computer / Technical skills
- Organization / Adaptability.
Jobs with no deadline specified:
- Working knowledge of applicable HSE regulations
- Managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent reasoning and decision-making ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Application Closing Date